Author Topic: I have a new theory regarding razor mfg's  (Read 7340 times)

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: I have a new theory regarding razor mfg's
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 03:30:01 PM »
has anyone heard of the computer industry? most computers are obsolete as soon as you buy one.

Sounds eerily similar to the marriage industry. As soon as you get a wife, she doesn't perform as well as she used to!!

thats why i'm not married!! ... i get to experience the product when they trying to find a husband!
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 08:17:00 AM »
My point was that I find it hard to believe that a company would decrease the quality of its output to get you to buy a newer model. To me, that's would be bad business. If they want you to buy a newer product, they'd discontinue the old ones.

That's a good point Shro and you almost had me... until I remembered that if you clutter the shelves with a whole pile of your own products thus overshadowing your competitors products, you'll sell more  product.  Also, you clutter the advertising slots as well.  The more products you have on the market, the better.  e.g. Chev/Pontiac, Ford/Merc etc, etc.

"That would be bad business"
And we've never seen that before, have we?

It could be that Gillette just has bad quality control.  I mean, it wasn't that long ago that I said in a different thread that the MachIII is a good blade but now I find I'm just not getting very close on my face anymore.  How these thoughts happened was that I was starting to consider buying a Fusion.  So maybe you're right and maybe I should just stop using Gillette products altogether.
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 08:23:49 AM »
Wasn't trying to sell you beachfront property in Nebraska there, Shiny. I just find it hard to believe. Like I said, I've found that Gillette Sensors are just as good now as they were 15 yrs ago. Have you tried changing shaving gel or cream?

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 08:31:48 AM »
Actually I haven't but I did try something different yesterday.  At the risk of being off topic....  I shave my face with the MachIII and Gillette foamy.  I shave my head with the hb and headslick but I constantly get razor bumps on my temples.  Yesterday, I started with my face (instead of my head) and applied the foamy right up to and including my temples and used the MachIII for all of that, then switched to the hb to do the rest of my head and...  no razor bumps.
So today I will shave as normal except that I am going to use the foamy all over my head and face.  hmmm  sounds like a study.  Can I be a professor at your school?
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 09:01:55 AM »
So today I will shave as normal except that I am going to use the foamy all over my head and face.  hmmm  sounds like a study.  Can I be a professor at your school?

As long as you don't touch the students in an inappropriate manner, sure.
Sorry, I saw another news story on that topic last night and it was fresh in my mind.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.