Author Topic: I've been diagnosed with "hairloss"  (Read 5289 times)

Offline geoguy

• Sly Jr.
Re: I've been diagnosed with "hairloss"
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 11:06:45 AM »

Hi there

I was also about the same age when my barber told me I'll be dealing with mpb soon...  After he told me this I was so freaked out!!   However, I started wearing my hain in shorter styles and by about 22.5 I started a phase where I would almost always wear a hat or a hat...  Now,  I've always like wearing hat so, this was my safest solution.  (I now have a fairly sized hat collection, but I only wear it now when the mood strikes)...

However, I got tired of it all and felt like I had to face th music.  Last year I shaved it all of!  The long and short of it all,  the best decision Ever!!   

Now I know what your thinking: "you shaved when you were 25"  This may be true, but had I had some more support earlier on,  I would have done it!!  This Forum really helped me deal with alot of my issues. Just seeing some other young guys and hearing their stories inspired me to go sly. 

So, the truth:  Yes, its no fun now.  And shaving seems drastic.  But just passing the 30 day mark,  you won;t look back.  I lurked on this forum for almost a year before I did the deed.  But in the end, I love it now...

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=11895.msg197889;topicseen#msg197889
I posted this just before I read your post,   I tell more of me... 

Geoguy
If I should wake up tomorrow morning, and all my hair grew back; I'd still shave it all off!!  Thank God I'm Bald!!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 11:36:44 AM »

Hi there

I was also about the same age when my barber told me I'll be dealing with mpb soon...  After he told me this I was so freaked out!! 

Sounds like a decent barber.  Most won't say anything for fear of offending the client -- or losing the client altogether if he decides to shave his head.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 12:22:44 PM »
Go for it  - - - -   don't let anyone tell you you did the wrong thing  - - - -enjoy it   we all do

Offline geoguy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 02:28:47 PM »

Hi there

I was also about the same age when my barber told me I'll be dealing with mpb soon...  After he told me this I was so freaked out!! 

Sounds like a decent barber.  Most won't say anything for fear of offending the client -- or losing the client altogether if he decides to shave his head.

LOL  I hated the man!! Never went back to him...  :)
If I should wake up tomorrow morning, and all my hair grew back; I'd still shave it all off!!  Thank God I'm Bald!!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 02:33:24 PM »

Perhaps, but he still did you a huge favor, whether you realized it or not at the time.

Offline geoguy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 03:25:42 AM »

Perhaps, but he still did you a huge favor, whether you realized it or not at the time.

TRue, when I think of it now,  I may have been angry at myself...  Its funnier now.  AND I never have to pay any barber again  :)

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2010, 07:35:23 AM »
I love the way they put it... "diagnosed"

Did he have to go to college to learn how to do that "diagnose" thing?  ???
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2010, 10:28:02 AM »
  AND I never have to pay any barber again  :)

Well, maybe, since you are now your own "barber" every morning--treat that guy right.   O0

Offline geoguy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 01:51:44 PM »

Well, maybe, since you are now your own "barber" every morning--treat that guy right.   O0

Please don't misundersand me.  I would never be rude to him upfront.  I wasn't even then.  So, ya, if I see him again I'll thank him...   :)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 03:54:11 PM »

Please don't misundersand me.  I would never be rude to him upfront.  I wasn't even then.  So, ya, if I see him again I'll thank him...   :)

The "barber" I was refering to is YOU! ;D

Offline geoguy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 11:02:37 AM »

The "barber" I was refering to is YOU! ;D

LOL LOL THAT FUNNY   :px    I almost felt bad the other day...  LOL  So yes,  I'll give the new barber a tip next time     :*))