Author Topic: Plans for Valentine's Day?  (Read 2206 times)

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
Plans for Valentine's Day?
« on: January 10, 2010, 03:13:50 PM »
Ok guys. I know it's still more than a month away but, the ladies never seem to forget the "Day of Love", February 14th. It also happens to be the first day of the lunar new year (Chinese New Year) this year.

So my questions are...what will you and your date, wife, friend, significant other, be doing for "V" Day?

On your most memorable (best) Valentine's Day, what did you do? Where did you go?

This year, I'm actually looking for suggestions.

Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline Grr8 Franzini

• Sly Jr.
  • It's Magic!
    • Fit-N-Fit
Re: Plans for Valentine's Day?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 03:36:35 PM »
I always send flowers to her work. (Usually she has to work and so do I). I cook her a nice dinner at home and we watch a movie since we like to stay in together.

Last year I went to gertrude hawk and puchased a dozen fresh strawberries dipped in milk chocolate with a small basket of roses in them. That really hit the heart with her...she loved them!
What's hair got to do with it?

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 03:37:52 PM »
My most memorabe:

Valentine's Day 1995.... My wife and I were engaged when I gave her a beautiful ring in the quiet of our living room.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 03:50:41 PM »
This year's Valentines Day includes the requisite dinner but then we are going to see a play that the g/f wants to see.   
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 03:54:40 PM »
Unless Mardi Gras is very late, this year it's February 16th, Valentine's Day is always tied up w/ the celebration somehow.  This year it's the day of the Bacchus Parade, and parades will roll from around 11a until 11p, it's the biggest party in the world.  

Our most memorable Valentines was not pleasant.  We had gone to a nice dinner and on the way back to the parking garage, something caught my wife's shoe and she sort of went down on her knee, seemingly not hard.  But then she had incredible pain.  Fortunately we were walking back w/ her cousin and her husband, a doctor and we were right at the exit to the garage.  I ran, got the car, and when we got her in, the damage was visible.  Although the skin was not broken, not any blood or anything, I could see that the top half of her kneecap had pulled up into her thigh.  Long story short, she had fractured her kneecap in half--cleanly--but cleanly was the only good thing about it.  Just over 6 months until she was mostly mobile.  Tremendous physical therapy after the surgery.  Only other good thing, she's been a devoted gym person ever since, but she should miss more than three or four days, her knee still tightens up.
Valentine's Day dinners--not anymore, I couldn't drag her to one, she much prefers Carnival parades. ;)

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 07:15:22 AM »
i'm working

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 07:29:49 AM »
I see Valentine's Day falls on a Sunday this year, so I'll likely be watching the final round of the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am.
Yeah, I don't plan on gettin' any.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 09:09:36 AM »
It is one of our busy days in the liquor and wine shop  - - -it is the last resort for people to buy a GOOD wine or liquor  - - - - and it never goes bad

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 03:24:57 PM »
My wife have always done Valentines day either before or after the actual day to avoid all the hoopla on the actual day.  This also helps us get a baby sitter that day. 

I usually send her flowers on the actual day, but this year I will probably just deliver them myself since it's a Sunday.  Plus, like Shcro, I will probably be driving back from the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am that day. 

I also like to give her a card with an actual written message in it that lets her know how much I appreciate her. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.