Author Topic: Continued Success  (Read 3412 times)

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
Continued Success
« on: January 07, 2010, 08:53:36 PM »
Ok I know I've posted on this before, and recently, but things continue to fall into place for me from a sales perspective since I've gone sly.   Many people have posted stories about feeling more confident after going from rugs, plugs, and lotions to sly - and I'm here to relay the same message.   

For me I think the situation is that I was always so self conscious about my hair system that I focused more on peoples eyeballs and whether they were checking out my hairline instead of focusing the sales call.   Being self conscious about my hair was always a distraction, and I'm now seeing how much of a distraction it was.   I also remember the days before I started wearing a hair system and watching peoples eyes travel up my forehead to check out my hair loss (hence why I went with a hair system).  I've gone on two very important sales calls in the past two days and my confidence level was through the roof. 

But what I really wanted to mention is that I received a letter from a prospective client (I'm the VP of Government Services for a consulting company) letting me know that we won their project.   This was the first sales call that I went on after going sly.   The letter said that I was the only one (out of 7 vendors) who walked in and was confident in what I had proposed (to redevelop their website) and I was the only one who "looked them in the eyes and connected with our people".    I can honestly say that for the first time (and it was my first sales call after going sly) that I didn't think about whether they were looking at my hair.

While we joke about the power of sly, there is something behind the concept that is real.  What's behind the "power" is that for the first time we can focus on the task at hand and not on the hair on our heads.   If you're on the fence or are worried about what others will think if you shave your head -- I can tell you from personal experience that the only one who is worried about it is YOU.   I worked myself up over the whole thing into a state of agony that was totally a waste of energy.   Take the step.   You'll be so happy you did.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Continued Success
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 12:39:37 AM »
hey todd:  thanks 4 sharing that story.  i'm so glad that u have experienced the "power of sly".   O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 04:57:14 AM »
Todd..... another great story! One comment though...... the "Power of Sly" is real, not a joke".  O0
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 07:01:19 AM »
Congratulations Todd! Indeed the "Power of the Sly" is real. After seeing your avatar, I could never even picture with a rug. Great job!
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 07:26:51 AM »
Great post on the Power of Sly O:O.  I have found it real too.  I think the people we approach in all business situations are also affected because the Sly Look commands attention because it is so much more distinctive than a dying mop sprayed into a combover or worse a sad, pathetic horseshoe.  The worst is a rug.  I may have been fooled, but they stand out bc of the hair texture difference, color, the unnatural lie or the hair--the "politician look" we're all so familiar with!  Trent Lott had/has one of the worst ever.  Glad you're out there showing what confidence can come of Sly, and confidence equals success.  And all for the small price and investment in a good razor and shaving creme, and a few extra minutes in the morning.  Where else can you get so much from so little????

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 03:29:40 PM »
Bravo!  Thanks for the story!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 05:29:59 PM »
Very insightful post, Todd. Well done!  O0
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline geoguy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 12:47:38 PM »
Great story.  It just reminds me again of how self obsessed we are about ourselves.  No offence meant towards you;  just talking about myself.  There is a profound effect on yourself and thus others, the moment you love yourself. 

Thanx for sharing
If I should wake up tomorrow morning, and all my hair grew back; I'd still shave it all off!!  Thank God I'm Bald!!