Author Topic: AFter shave on the head  (Read 1451 times)

Offline thebaboun

• Sly Jr.
AFter shave on the head
« on: January 03, 2010, 09:24:09 AM »
I did not fine ALOE GEL at my pharmacy; they only had aloe gel for after sun or something like that. I bought instead AFTER SHAVE GILLETTE FUSION HYDRA COOL (cools skin). Do you think it is acceptable?

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: AFter shave on the head
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 09:27:26 AM »
I've never tried that, but I think only you can make that determination as to what's acceptable on your skin. Everyone has personal preferences.

Good luck on your sly journey.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 11:18:04 AM »
In addition to the pleasure of a smooth scalp, you're going to pick up a whole lot of shaving and post shaving stuff, I have a drawer full.  Those you like  you buy again, those that don't work for you wind up in the back of the drawer, a reminder. 

Offline thebaboun

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 11:47:29 AM »
It worked fine! There is a gerat smell!!! It makes a huge difference when you put something on the head!!

Offline geoguy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 12:30:24 AM »
I only use the aloe. But have been wondering about the hydra cool...  You say it makes a huge difference.  What do you mean with that?
If I should wake up tomorrow morning, and all my hair grew back; I'd still shave it all off!!  Thank God I'm Bald!!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 08:39:54 AM »
In the winter months I could use a commercial after shave product on my dome, however, in the summer months up in the northwoods I find that there is a mathematical connection between the degree of sweetness and the number of deer flies that said sweetness will attract. And after an attack by deer flies, or gnats (vile little bastards who attack in swarms), my poor dome is all covered with bloody bumps that take days to heal. So I try to use the same thing all year round which is my homemade juice consisting of witch hazel, aloe gel, and tea tree oil. It is soothing to the scalp and also has antiseptic and astringent qualities.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Enter your email address: