Author Topic: Vacation From Sly  (Read 7238 times)

spaceape48

Vacation From Sly
« on: March 13, 2007, 06:30:10 PM »
Was wondering what's the longest any of you have stopped being sly. I haven't shaved in a few days, decided to let it grow back till I get sick of it. Sometimes you just need a change I guess. Anyone here stopped shaving all together to let hair grow back?

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Vacation From Sly
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 06:34:32 PM »
i let mine grow from thursday to monday this past weekend.....i couldn't stand it...was happy to shave it off again.
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 06:38:08 PM »
Shaved first time November 2 and started to grow it out in February.   I went 5 days, wasn't happy, found SBG's (and grey hair) and don't ever plan on growing it again.  I just can't stand the feel and look of it.  Hope it works for you.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 06:55:57 PM »
Once a year I go hunting for two weeks.  Since I'm in the middle of the woods with no running water (other than the creek) I don't shave during that time.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 07:10:38 PM »
39 hours right now and i am going crazy. :px

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 08:17:38 PM »
Longest was 12 days....

My dad came into town from L.A. Two weeks prior, I stopped shaving just to have a little something up there to ease the shock to his 82-year-old ticker.

I gotta tell ya....I couldn't wait to shave it back to slickmeister!

I waved good-bye as he drove off ....and then literally spun around and ran upstairs to shave that bean.

Slickdome

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 08:37:35 PM »
Anyone here stopped shaving all together to let hair grow back?

Oh, yeah.  Longest for me was 6 months, in 2005.  Last year, I also it grew it back...for about 3 months....

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=71

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 10:00:02 AM »
Man, I let it go for 2 weeks beacause I couldn't afford new razors until I got paid. I was so itchy!

Actually I got a closer shave that day than every. Maybe it was because my skin wasn't irratated from shaving constantly.

spaceape48

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 05:00:04 PM »
I hear ya on that noner. When I do shave again I will be looking forward to that especially. Last time I only lasted a week though. I'm on day four now, and already I was contemplating shaving today.

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 06:23:03 AM »
The longest for me would be two days I think?  Sometimes I'll skip a weekend if I have nowhere to go, but first thing Monday morning its back to being slick.

Offline Dtopford

• Sly
  • after the shave
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 04:06:51 PM »
I have been shaving every two days. I honstly can't stand the stubble on my head

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 04:17:12 PM »
I lived in disgrace for a whole year trying to like it for my bride but this was the year I came home to Sly!   :@`

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 05:12:24 PM »
Since I started to shave my head, it has probably been about 5 months where I grew the hair out.  It got the the point where I had to comb it.  But even then, the thin spot in the crown was hard to cover.  So sly is best!

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 06:16:50 PM »
Since the first of this year, the longest I have went without shaving is one day. I shave everyday and one day without shaving is all I can handle, lol. It itches way too bad.. but when I do shave I get the best shave ever.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 07:25:18 PM »
I tried growing my hair back on a few occasions during the past 3 1/2 years but have never made it past 4 or 5 days.  I have very little hair left on top and I just don't like that look.

The longest I've gone is about 8 days, this past December.  I only managed to hold out that long because I had the flu and was too sick to get out of bed.  As soon as I was back on my feet, the first thing I did was shave off all the stubble.

Sometimes if I am running late in the mornings, I may skip shaving.  I have light-colored hair so it's not really noticable to anyone else, but I can sure tell the difference.  I am at the point now where I actually feel guilty if I go out in public without my head shaved.  Usually I see somebody else on the street with a perfectly shaved head and start feeling bad because I "fell off the wagon" for a day.