Author Topic: Tell us your favorite story about something that happened to you at Christmas  (Read 720 times)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
About 20 yeago ago on Christmas Eve I went to Church in a huge Catholic Church where I was a guest of some friends. I was pretty nervous about going because I had not been to a Catholic Church since I was a kid.

I was all dressed up with a real nice novelty Christmas tie adorning my neck. It was a gorgeous tie that also played the tune "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer".

During the VERY long, full Mass there were a lot of very droopy eyes accompanied by a lot of yawns. At one point the Priest asked everyone to kneel to Pray. Everyone kneeled down and as I bowed my head to Pray I leaned forward against the Pew in fornt of me. When I did, the button in the tie which activated the music got pressed against the Pew..... and right in the middle of midnight Mass on Christmas Eve, at the quietest possible moment, "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" began playing... with no way to stop it.
The Priest just stood there until the tune was done and without missing a beat said to the congregation, "Well it appears even the Reindeer need some Faith before they take care of tonight's work". The congregation roared..... much to my relief!!

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
One of the only times I ever remember seeing my Dad cry was on Christmas day. I don't remember which year it was but my brother was serving our country in Vietnam. It had been sometime since we had heard from him and were unsure of his safety or even if he was alive. My Dad was not a religous man but that Christmas he said the blessing and asked God to let us know if my brother was ok. He began to cry a bit as he asked God for his son's protection and to let us know if he was alright.

Early the next morning on Dec. 26th the phone rang. It was my brother letting us know he had been sent on R and R and he was doing well. That event really marked me as to the power of prayer.
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A