Confidence and Success > Fitness/Diet

Bicycle Riders?

<< < (2/3) > >>

CliffCoultas:
Man I love to ride. I lost my license for a while and I had to ride for a while. I always liked riding for recreation but wasn't in to riding all the time for necessity. But I got a bike after I was tired of walking and I loved it. After a while I found out that I could go practically anywhere in town in a short amount of time. I may not have been as fast as a car but sometimes I was! It became like a sport to me. And the more I rode the more I got into shape. I am in the best shape of my life now. I ride bikes but I do light work outs too. I guess they are light most the time but I do heavy lifting sometimes and I always make sure I do push-ups and sit-up every other day. Riding a bike got me to feeling better and brought me into a better lifestyle. I have always taken good care of my body besides the fact that I smoke Camels but I never worked out much. Bu tman I can get on that bike and no one believes how fast I can get from one place to another and most people think I am crazy for riding such long distances. It has brought up my confidence and I believe it has helped my mind too. I can go on and on about the joys of biking but I got to go for now.

Iconic:
An aspiring rider here! I used to be a recreational and commuting rider but it has been a while. Now I'm looking forward to getting into that old habit. I converted my old Kona mtb into a single-speed bike but I guess  being a ten-year old aluminium bike it's better suited on-road. So I'm thinking of buying a new steel frame, maybe a 29er for single-track.

jamesh75:
I like road and mountain biking.  I just don't get much time to do it right now.  I wish I could ride to work, but I commute 40 miles on the interstate each way. 

xnewyawka:
Good that you posted this Clunke.  I am getting a Schwinn for Christmas and I am very excited to be riding again. It's been a while but I used to have a Raleigh mtn. bike and I really enjoyed it.
I was able to get myself back into decent shape years ago, and found it's a great way to get cardio and enjoy being outdoors too.

basik, any tips on riding gear?, shorts, etc?, great pics by the way, looks like you rip!     

Tommi:
Great sport, the best one after football (soccer) actually...

I'm thinking of buying this one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version