Author Topic: Which hair clipper cuts the shortest?  (Read 18826 times)

Offline nanah

• Learning the way of Sly
Which hair clipper cuts the shortest?
« on: March 12, 2007, 09:38:44 PM »
Hey fellas, Does anyone know anything about Norelco Bodygroom - BG2020 ? Good or bad?

What I want is to get a hair clipper which will cut my hair VERY VERY short, as close to bald as possible. Any tips would be much appreciated!

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
Re: Which hair clipper cuts the shortest?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 10:15:08 PM »
I'm not sure about Norelco, but www.headblade.com has a great clipper called Head Fade. They are compact , and rechargable and they get very close. They also come with accessories and in the Head Case travel bag.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 10:25:58 PM »
Prior to going sly, my wife used to cut my hair with a Wahl Professional, with a #2 setting. Once she realized that what little hair I had was only on rental (thus, the need to trim the edges was no longer applicable), she passed on that and I took over. Since I was eventually going SLY, I went to a #1 guard and then down to just the shears. In all honesty, I'd be shocked if there's a lot of difference between any of the better shears at their lowest setting.

Later,
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 10:29:59 PM »
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys!  Here's a review of the Bodygroom - http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=431.0

Basically, the Bodygroom is not designed to use on your head - only below the neck.

Here's a review of the Andis clippers that I used to use to get down to the skin - http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=8.0
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline flattop peterbilt

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 10:37:30 PM »
go to a styling store that sells clippers..say i want the WAHL professional balding clippers...that is as close to the head you wanna get...they will cut you if you are not carefull
Life hands you four Aces bet high...life hands you four duces...call

Offline nanah

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 02:48:02 AM »
Thanks everyone for the welcome and for your fast and helpful reply! It helped a lot  O0

p.s. Surprized how fast I got the answers here! Thnks a lot 8)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 07:42:01 AM »
Welcome, nanah...Glad to have ya with SBG!!!

I use the Wahl Designer clippers.  Without any # guards, it gets pretty dang close.

Enter your email address: