Author Topic: World Beard and Mustache Championship  (Read 2441 times)

Offline TylerLutz

• Sly Jr.
World Beard and Mustache Championship
« on: November 29, 2009, 02:10:13 PM »
http://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/

anyone heard of this?

I'm growing my beard out since I live in the great city of San Antonio my girlfriend is going to sculp the Alamo and some canons into my beard before shaving it off after winter.

@^t

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: World Beard and Mustache Championship
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 09:08:06 PM »
Wow, that's an ambitious project and when you do do it you've got to share some photos.  If you can really pull that off you ought to find a way to compete in one of those events.  If I tried to do that it would be painfully obvious why the Alamo lost.  So I just stick with a goatee.  With a smaller size of a goatee it's easier to have a passable facial hair style than a beard with thin patches, and a couple of my biggest thin patches are right outside the goatee area.  My face isn't round enough for a beard anyway.

I took a look at that website and I'm just blown away.  I went to the goatee section (because it's what I got) and I now feel like an insecure teenage boy with 3 hairs on my lip.  I mean check this out named Chris Lind:

For crying out loud look at that!  It's unreal!
It makes me just want to throw my hands in the air and say "the hell with it!".  No wonder my beard sucks, this guy's taken all the good genes from the pool.  :Xo!
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
Re: World Beard and Mustache Championship
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 03:16:40 PM »
That is pretty cool looking, but alas, I could never grow anything like that, nor could I probably pull off the look anyway.  I feel your pain, Rusty.  It's a terrible human trait to compare yourself to others because you are what you are.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/