Author Topic: A few red spots on my dome  (Read 1952 times)

Offline slickjack

• Sly Jr.
  • Day 1
A few red spots on my dome
« on: November 28, 2009, 08:11:15 AM »
Hey guys.  Not sure if anyone else has this issue. I have a couple of small bright red marks/lumps on the side of dome.  One is quite noticeable. They are apparently just a tiny burst blood vessel.  But does anyone know if you can do anything to remove them? 

GASlick

Re: A few red spots on my dome
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 08:19:09 AM »
Could it be a hemangioma?  I have those.  It's a hereditary condition where the capillaries occasionally come through the surface of the skin.  They tend to come and go.

Just a thought.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 02:02:52 PM »
My dermatologist just let me know that I have a couple.  Apparently they are in a spot that I can't see, because I can't find them, even with a mirror.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 02:12:18 PM »
Ask your dermatologist, or if he/she doesn't provide it, ask around about IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) Therapy. I had a series of IPL treatments a few years ago that cleared up some similar issues.
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline TylerLutz

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 05:46:32 PM »
Would ClearHead from headblade take care of these?

GASlick

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 09:50:05 PM »
My dermatologist told me that's what mine were, hemangiomas that is.  She said that they could be burnt off, but they would just come back somewhere else.  There is no permanent way to eliminate them.

marty22

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 11:19:45 AM »
some sort of dermatologist's mini laser removes them--takes a week or so to heal. painful for the first few dyas...Ive had a few on the side of my scalp removed.