Author Topic: Lead singer of Pantera  (Read 8430 times)

Offline basikbiker

• Sly Jr.
  • put your man boots on
Lead singer of Pantera
« on: November 25, 2009, 08:11:07 PM »
yup he's one sly dude, not to mention in one of the sickest bands ever

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
Re: Lead singer of Pantera
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 06:37:55 AM »
yup he's one sly dude, not to mention in one of the sickest bands ever

Ok..help me out here. Lately I hear younger people referring to certain rock bands, celebrities, etc., as "sick". The dictionary explains that as an
"abnormal condition that impairs bodily functions."  So are they saying these people have a physical ailment or are we yet again seeing a word that was perfectly fine as it was being redefined? Guess I am showing my age but why can't we leave words meaning what they were origninally intended for?
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 06:46:23 AM »
21st Century parlance:  Sick=Excellent

I went to the Pantera website and all I saw was lots of hair, which was really sick, in the classic sense.

Got any links to pics of the dude sly? (I presume you mean Phil Anselmo)

Red
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 06:57:43 AM by SimplyRed »
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Bald_freak

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 08:52:26 AM »
I prefer Kerry King from Slayer, Harder music, and I think he's always been sly.

Offline basikbiker

• Sly Jr.
  • put your man boots on
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 06:31:12 PM »
hes not sly all the time, and sick is like awesome. and yes slayer is pretty awsome as well you hear theyre new album its pretty siiickkkk

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 03:43:21 PM »
Ok..help me out here. Lately I hear younger people referring to certain rock bands, celebrities, etc., as "sick". The dictionary explains that as an
"abnormal condition that impairs bodily functions."  So are they saying these people have a physical ailment or are we yet again seeing a word that was perfectly fine as it was being redefined? Guess I am showing my age but why can't we leave words meaning what they were originally intended for?
Amen, Amen and AMEN !!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Bald_freak

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 04:14:49 PM »
hes not sly all the time, and sick is like awesome. and yes slayer is pretty awsome as well you hear theyre new album its pretty siiickkkk

If you mean Christ Illusion then yeh I got it.

Offline basikbiker

• Sly Jr.
  • put your man boots on
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 10:09:03 PM »
No World Painted Blood

Bald_freak

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 04:17:50 PM »
??? huh, Studio album? or Live?

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 05:05:34 PM »
??? huh, Studio album? or Live?
Studio album, came out 2 weeks ago, it's okay but nothing will compare to reign,south of heaven and seasons.
    In regards to Phil Anselmo, one day he has long hair and the next it's shaved, it's probably a reflection of his personality, unstable indecisive and moody which would explain his lack of commitment towards making Pantera albums when Dime, Vinnie and Rex where good to go 24/7 . Instead he wanted to sing on his time and he felt like starting up 2 new bands ( Down and Superjoint ritual ) I love Pantera but can't stand Anselmo as a person, its just too bad what happened.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 05:11:12 PM by ShadowSide »

Bald_freak

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 08:44:37 PM »
I gravitated more towards anthrax during the John Bush years. Sound of White Noise through We Come For You All. Now that he's out they went back to thier old sound which I don't care for as much. RIP Dime, Kurt, and Layne...

Offline basikbiker

• Sly Jr.
  • put your man boots on
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 09:01:25 PM »
I agree South of Heaven is a rockin album, but the new one aint bad. goin to Slayer and megadeath in january, i am stoked >:D

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 09:05:58 PM »
I totally agree, Sound of White is one of my favorite albums of all time and not to mention "room for one more" is one of my favorite songs of all time....this will take you back my friend

IMO the best song in Metal

And my favorite band

The best singer in metal right here and one the best shredders, downright awesome !!!

hope that gives you a fix  >:D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 11:31:55 PM by ShadowSide »

Offline basikbiker

• Sly Jr.
  • put your man boots on
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 10:09:30 PM »
Man those are all sum awesome choices, you ever listen to Vader? they just did this metallica cover, forgot the song name but it ripppss

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 11:15:24 PM »
Vader's good to go. I like alot of there old stuff like "Sothis" and "Blood of Kingu", there new album was a dissapointment but Vader leads the way as well as Behemoth. Consider those two Polish Death Metal at it's finest. If you listen to Vader than you've got to have heard of Decapitated, unfortunately there drummer was killed in a car accident and the band lost its sound. As I get older and my ears are getting more sensitive so the constant blaring of double bass and loud tempo's so I dont listen to much death metal like I used to, blame old age and getting paid to throw lead down range, no regrets  >:D

I've got a variety of choices in Metal, you'd be suprised, I just can't get into nu metal, it's not metal IMO.
Take Brain Posehn's words of wisdom in regards to the above http://www.youtube.com/Kawatch?v=chiVMrWMHko
Kamelot is great band as well
Got to throw Dream theater into this
Saxon kicks a$$
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 11:30:47 PM by ShadowSide »