Author Topic: Thanks, Where Thanks Are Due  (Read 996 times)

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
Thanks, Where Thanks Are Due
« on: November 25, 2009, 06:44:56 AM »
A month or so back I posted on the loss of my long-time favorite razor, and the difficulties of replacing it (no longer made, that was one reason; bizarre high prices being bid on eBay for what must be so common an item [made in various forms for nearly 75 years], that was another reason).

Well, one SBG member actually went so far as to send me a version of this razor, completely gratis.  My thanks are profound.  Who?  Well, he knows who he is (frequent poster on these fora).  I'll merely hint that he's a touch antipodean.  Oh, and has a shaved head, goatee, and mustache, too.  That should be sufficient ID, right?

G'day, mate!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
Re: Thanks, Where Thanks Are Due
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 05:05:18 PM »
Outstanding!  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Thanks, Where Thanks Are Due
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 06:09:54 PM »
Ming's post points out one of the greatest things about our Forum..... guys helping guys. Awesome!

I've sent things to guys from this Forum and guys have sent me things. I never expected anything in return when I sent something to someone and likewise when I've been sent things those that sent them never expected anything in return.

This again proves....SBG is amazing.........

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Enter your email address: