Author Topic: Picking a New Tattooist  (Read 1879 times)

Offline tow

• Violent Gnome Dome
  • Sly Jr.
Picking a New Tattooist
« on: November 24, 2009, 10:26:03 AM »
The man who has done all my ink work for the last twenty or so years has decided to retire.I have about 13 pieces of ink all done by him. Some are collabrations and some are pure custom work. I haved trusted him 100% on the final outcome
of all my ink. all my tats are memorials to family and friends.The problem is he will not recommend another artist period
he says he doesn't pay attention to others work. So how I do pick a new artist that you can trust. I've ask friends but all get is horror stories.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Picking a New Tattooist
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 11:45:35 AM »
Tow.... I can only tell you how I found an artist before I got my first tattoo a few years ago.

The internet is a great source..... you can research locally, go onto tattoo Forums and ask about artists, and just pop into shops and talk to artists and look at their work.

I liked the pop-in method....... this gave me a chance to talk to the artists to see if there was a comfort level, how they fely about me asking for tweaks of their drawings of the design, and gave me a chance to look around the shop to see if it was clean.

I  actually politely walked out of a few places because of either what I felt were cleanliness issues or I just didn't get a good feel from the artist.

Good luck......
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields