Author Topic: WWE Monday Night Raw Tonight.........  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
WWE Monday Night Raw Tonight.........
« on: November 23, 2009, 10:13:27 AM »
Both of my kids are huge wrestling fans and have been bugging us to take them to an event for many months.

So my wife and i hatched a little plan......

We took my Son out of Special Ed this year and placed him in a regular classroom.... where we knew he would probably have a huge adjustment....... so as added incentive we told the kids that good report cards = BIG surprise. But we didn't tell them what that surprise would be or when they would get it.

So about 5 weeks ago I bought WWE Monday Night Raw tickets for us to go as a Family..... and tonight is the night!!! We'll be at Hershey Arena for tonight's 3 hour event! We gave the kids some excuse about having to go to Hershey Hospital for paperwork. They have no idea.

The video camera will be rolling when we get close to the Arena! I guessing that they'll figure it out about the time I pull into the Arena parking lot.

Side note....... I Prayed everyday for my Son to have straight "C's" on his report card....... that would have been a HUGE accomplishment coming out of Special Ed. We got his report card two weeks ago....... straight "A's" & "B's". His aide said that he has never seen a kid adapt like that before coming out of Special Ed.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Tonight.........
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 11:45:57 AM »
Thats Awesome Mike.  He was really wanting those tickets lol.

Logan is a HUGE wrestling fan himself.  I took him to one....he found out real quick...its all entertainment.  I myself enjoyed watching his face as the "superstars" came out...but was ready to home.  It was fun, I am just glad Logan enjoyed it.  Hope yours enjoy it too.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 11:47:10 AM »
Oh and make sure you hold up a BIG SIGN taht says JOHN CENA...MIKEKOZ LOVES YOU...that way we can watch and see if we see ya lol

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 02:31:51 PM »
Awesome Mike!  I'm sure that will be an amazing night for them to remember!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 02:35:15 PM »
Fun night, but what a HUGE accomplishment for your son O0.  Hard working boy, pretty proud and happy Mom and Dad.  It's onward and upward.

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 04:11:20 PM »
Too cool...enjoy the show O0 O0
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline Jim80

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 06:49:51 PM »
Mike that is a great accomplishment but Imagine if your son knew he would get Monday night Raw tickets, He probaly would have gotten straight A's

Offline TheSlyKang

• Sly Jr.
  • Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy & hot chic
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 07:21:42 PM »
That's a great accomplishment even without the change in classroom environment to improve his grades that much. Hope your family has an awesome time. I'll be looking for your sign in the crowd! ;D
Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy and the hot chick!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 08:10:57 AM »
Well we had a GREAT time!!!! My kids were hilarious...  we told them we were taking them to Chocolate World to get a treat. You have to pass the Arena on the way to Chocolate World. My wife turned on the video camera a couple minutes before we got there but kept it where they couldn't see it and just recorded the sounds in the car. My kids were singing "We're going to Chocolate World!" over and over.  My wife and I were about to burst!

Then there was a big electronic sign that was flashing WWE.... my son said "OH NO THERE IS WWE HERE TONIGHT! I WISH WE WERE GOING!". We didn't say a word... just turned onto the parking lot access road. As we got around the back of the Arena my son saw all the tractor trailers with the photos of the wrestlers on the sides. He said"Dad I think you made a wrong turn".

My wife pointed the video camera at them as I yelled out "NOT IF YOU'RE GOING TO YOUR FIRST WWE MATCH!". For a few moments there was silence as disbelief filled the car..... and then chaos! Man it was worth a million dollars.

If you've never been it was a great show! Music, fireworks, and of course all the "characters". Just before 11 PM the final match was over and it all looked to be over. A lot of people began leaving but we sat because I had a feeling...... then a few minutes later mayhem broke loose again in the ring!!!!!

Seeing my Son with his new DX shirt and my Daughter in her new DX hat while at the actual event was priceless.

My son never stopped talking for the 90 minute ride home.......
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 09:06:15 AM »
Thats Awesome Mike.  Glad you all had a great time.  I told Logan that you were all there and I had to pull up your picture so he could watch to see if you were on tv.