Author Topic: Confidence and humor wins again  (Read 2610 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Confidence and humor wins again
« on: November 18, 2009, 03:20:59 PM »
The other night my bro-in-law, our buddy and I were out getting some beers and catching up and it was proven to me that confidence always wins along with some good humor.

The story is long, but proves the point.

It started off with me showing up at the restaurant a bit earlier than the other two.  I got seated and this very hot waitress came over and asked if I wanted anything to drink.  I ordered a Double Abbey (dark beer) and a couple minutes later she brings me a Hefeweizen (light beer with a lemon).  I immediately said (with a grin on my face), "I don't think this is the beer I ordered." She looked at me and then realized that she delivered the Hefe to the wrong Sly guy with a goatee (who was at a different table).  A moment later she brought me the correct beer.  She apologized and I said, "it's alright, I just need to see your manager."  She said, "really?" I said, "yep." She had this look like she couldn't believe that I was going to ask for a manager because she brought me the wrong beer.  I then told her, "don't worry, it's not because of the beer, I just need to ask her about the advertising (for my business)."  She laughed and went and got the manager.

Enter my buddy.  He sits down and our waitress comes over and asks him what he'd like.  He also orders the Double Abbey.  I asked him if he'd like a lemon with that and the waitress looked at me, smiled and hit me and then walked away.

Enter my bro-in-law.  He sits down and orders a Hefeweizen.  I then chime in, "it's ok to bring a lemon with that beer."  She smiled, gave me and my buddy a smirk and walks away. 

The waitress then brings the Hefeweizen and my bro-in-law tries to capitalize and say "What's up with these guy's girly beer glasses (referring to the round shaped glasses made for Belgian beer)?"  The waitress then chimes in and says, "Yeah, guys.  What's with that?"  I immediately respond with, "He can have the manly glass, I'll take the manly beer."  She likes the response, laughs, and then says that we're funny.

Later we order some appetizers and my bro-in-law asks her how good one of the items is.  She says she loves them.  So, in a half-joking manner he asks if she'll eat them if he doesn't like them.  She responds with a "yes."

The whole night we had some kind of banter with her when she approached our table.  All in good humor. 

About 8:30 rolls around and it's time for her shift to end.  So, my buddy (who is the only single guy at the table) asks if she's going to drink a beer with us when she gets off.    Her response was, "I had already planned on drinking with you guys while I tally my receipts."  She even bought us the first round with her.

I can tell you that most of the guys in there were shocked and trying to figure out how on Earth we got her to drink with us. 

We had a great hour long conversation with her, found out that she's 23 and that was that. 

The point of the story is that if 3 out of shape "old" guys (9 years older than her and more) can get a hot, 23 year old waitress to sit down with us, then you 20 somethings can easily do it as long as you stay confident and use some good humor.  Actually, re-reading the story, I don't even think the humor was that good.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
Re: Confidence and humor wins again
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 04:37:20 PM »
Great story Tyler, and that's it in a nutshell. Just be confident and easy-going, don't overthink or overdo it. Be yourself.    O0

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 05:04:21 PM »
Great story
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 06:53:36 PM »
Awesome story!!!

I'd like to add one point here...... for the guys that have met my wife..... you all know that I definetly married up in the looks department. And when I was single I always dated great looking girls..... my buddies always asked me, "How do you always get dates with such good looking girls"?

My answer was so simple and always the same............  "You have to talk to them!!!"

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 08:32:37 PM »
you did come out on the winning end of that deal bro!!!  she is an awesome lady.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 11:16:47 PM »
Like you Koz, I married up also!  I tell my friends the same thing when they ask.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 06:34:17 AM »
Awesome story Tyler! Confidence is the key!   O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]