Author Topic: Blocking FB on work computers...  (Read 10478 times)

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
Re: Blocking FB on work computers...
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 09:28:53 AM »
Just think, that actually gives you more time to be on SBG.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline TheBaldAndBeautiful

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 10:24:37 PM »
I have been hearing more and more about places of employment blocking the use of FB on work computers.   I just sit here and wonder why?  OK they block it so that their employees do not waste time on the computer when they should be doing work....correct?  Well what is that going to help?  To me they would just spend that time else where on the computer.   Why just target FB...why not block the whole internet connection?  What is so different about FB from any thing else? 

Use proxies.  They mask your IP and place you under a new IP.  Sometimes far away from your location, or two states down. 

Offline Kojak

• Ich bin ein Berliner
  • Sly
  • Hang out with Stevie Ray in my Nations Capital
    • I make pinup art
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 10:46:23 PM »
I enjoy FB, Myspace, DeviantArt, this site and about a dozen other social sites, but FB above the others is a big time consuming site and has lots of security risk.
My take is if you have access to it at work consider yourself thankful, if you don't because of whatever policy you should respect that and not try to find a way to beat the block. I have access during work and I see a lot of my FB friends that have access to it posting crap all day long. The are posting pictures, playing games commenting on everything. You can tell by looking at their activity that they are spending more time on facebook than working.

http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Wasting-Time-on-Facebook
"Who loves ya, baby?"~Kojak~

Offline xKevoBx

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm bald agian!
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 12:01:06 AM »
I work at an inn so blocking the wireless at work would be silly and we'd get so many complaints if our guests could not get facebook. No one would stay in our hotel! Also, I'd be bored out of my witts end during the slow periods at night when I work when no one is around to talk to. Sometimes I feel like the late night security guard who has to be there just in case there is a crisis.

If it's during a time when I need to constantly check in people, then I don't even look at facebook.

Offline Rob-Raz

• Super Sly
  • Me and my girls
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 05:38:41 AM »
As already mentioned earlier, sometimes its liability also. I can't believe how many people still click on stuff they have no idea what it does. Guy I work with got hit with some virus floating around.....because he clicked on one of those windows that says "your computer has been infected....click here now!!"  So me and another co-worker spent half the shift trying to clear his computer up, so he didnt have to report it to Info Security and get on their s**t list. So sometimes it can definitely be unproductive. The worst part is we all work in information technologies!!!!  :o

Enter your email address: