Author Topic: Bald again, finally  (Read 2672 times)

Offline jr1979

• Sly Guy in Training
Bald again, finally
« on: November 02, 2009, 11:58:25 PM »
Well the mood just took me today. I'd been buzzing it down again for a few months after my previous freak out about the many spots on my scalp (see my old posts). The thinning on top has gotten steadily worse in the last year especially even though there isn't a bald spot as such. If I grew it out it looked like a combover/combforward even if that wasn't the intention because of the thinness but when I buzzed it I looked weird because of the thinner stubble.

Best part about being blonde? Almost no shadow. Worst part? A head covered in spots but I'll come to terms with that. Only two are really visible and one is on the back where most people won't see it.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Bald again, finally
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 04:22:05 AM »
Welcome to the sly world jr.   You've just joined the best forum on the web, so make yourself at home.  Any questions, just ask, there are plenty of great people here to help you out.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline dawgfan

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 05:44:10 AM »
JR, Welcome back to the "no combover" zone!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 06:22:57 AM »
Welcome back jr! Can't say that I remember you but it don't matter!!!!! Join on in!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 07:52:07 AM »
Welcome back Jr..  What spots?  We are our own worst critics.  Others may not even notice.  If they do, I doubt anything will be said. 
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 08:15:45 AM »
Welcome back.  Spots, all of us have something on the dome we'd rather not have, but honestly if you look there are very few "perfect" domes--particularly in the view of those who own them.  Enjoy the freedom, now post up more often, and hear from you soon.

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 05:32:09 PM »
Hey Jr! Being blond myself, I know what you mean. I have a patch of "freckles" on my dome that I only noticed when I finally shaved my head. After my initial horror, I just decided f*** it, too bad. :)

Being blond, keep an careful eye on anything else that appears though. Maybe even go in and have your "spots" checked out by a doctor. I did have a mole removed from my scalp, plus a thorough visual checkup by a skin doctor the week after I went sly. And, of course, use sunscreen. As an every day thing, I'm currently dousing my dome with a "Natural Glow" moisturizer by Jergens called "Healthy Complexion" for fair skinned folks that includes some SPF protection. On days when I'm outdoors a lot, I load up on the 50 SPF Coppertone, and a hat of course.

Welcome back to the sly side!  8)
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell