Author Topic: LET IT GO!  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
LET IT GO!
« on: October 31, 2009, 08:20:59 PM »
The phrase "LET IT GO!" is going to be my new life motto for the coming months.

Let me explain......

Thursday I received an email from my sister-in-law. It was one of those non-sensical emails that cross thru my email a dozen or so times a day. You know the type.... pray for this, if you don't forward this, etc....... I usually delete them as soon as I see what they are.
But something compelled me to read this one. So I read it.... and it spoke about how you can never have your life in order until you just "LET IT GO!". The phrase was repeated probably a dozen times in the email. This phrase really struck me because I have believed exactly that for years.
So I kind of forgot about it and then later that evening I received an email from a friend talking about how he had to get his life in order by learning to just "LET IT GO!". I told my wife about the email and we kind of chuckled about it.
Then last night we're watching some show on Disney with the kids and one of the characters says "You need to just LET IT GO!".
I looked up from my magazine right over at my wife and she was just looking at me like "what in the world".

So I told her right then..... "That's it, something is going on with this LET IT GO thing. I'm using that for a while".

But I don't mean it in a negative way.... in fact it's VERY positive. I believe that you can never be fully happy in your life until you get rid of any old baggage... you know...just LET IT GO!
I'm talking about grudges, broken relationships, guilt about something in the past..... think about it and you will know exactly what I mean.
We are coming into the Holiday Season..... a time of Joy, Peace, and a time to re-evaluate our own lives. SO if you have something you are carrying around LET IT GO!.

It's the only way to move on ........

Peace.........

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
Re: LET IT GO!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 10:28:46 PM »
Mike,

Thank you for that, it's just what I needed!
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 11:09:35 PM »
Amen Koz!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 01:20:19 AM »
Boy I sure let it all go tonight.....read up...

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 01:20:59 AM »
For me the big one is letting go of the need to control.....other people, things, politics, the weather. I want to control all of it. So thanks for this post Mike, this comes at a very good time for me.

The long version of this concept is the Serenity Prayer. For those who don't know it goes like this:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can, and,
the wisdom to know the difference.

It seems to be the wisdom part that I lack most often.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 05:16:31 AM »
Thanks for what you said Mike. Like Timmay I needed those words of encouragement. Don't know why but for the last week or so I have been riding myself about a lot of past mistakes and things I should have done but did not do.  Your words were appropriate and well timed.
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 07:22:03 AM »
For me the big one is letting go of the need to control.....other people, things, politics, the weather. I want to control all of it. So thanks for this post Mike, this comes at a very good time for me.

The long version of this concept is the Serenity Prayer. For those who don't know it goes like this:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can, and,
the wisdom to know the difference.

It seems to be the wisdom part that I lack most often.

I love the Serenity Prayer...... very nice post Buddha.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 08:45:51 AM »
Along the lines of this topic let me offer something I just read.

Change Your Thoughts by Observing Nature

"See how thunderstorms or fierce winds are temporary conditions that pass instead of of thinking of them as destructive or inconvenient events. When what seems like a forceful, uncomfortable situation arises, seek the natural cycle. Affirm: This is a temporary setback. I am going to release myself from having to be the person in control. Then observe what you are feeling, with openess to what is, in this moment. Remember this is natures method. Center your mind in a natural way in perfect rapport with the patience of the universal Tao."

From the book Change Your Thoughts..Change Your Live..Living The Wisdom of the Tao

Author Dr. Wayne W. Dyer.

Based on the Tao Te Ching by Loa-Tzu
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A