Author Topic: YOUR personal road 2 slyness...  (Read 2938 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
YOUR personal road 2 slyness...
« on: October 28, 2009, 01:56:02 AM »
hello fellow chrome domes:  i know that "slyness" is all about positive attitude; however, i wanted 2 know your stories on your road 2 complete smooooothness.  in other words...(initially) did u get the "buzz" cut (#1, #2, #3) or did u just get your dome 2 ultimate smoooothness and shaved it clean.

i'll start:  i was "thinning" on top and i decided 2 just shave it clean.  my barber was the one responsible 4 my chrome dome.  he even opened his barber shop an hour early so that no one would witness my 1st head shave (in case i didn't like it).  well... i was right i didn't like it..... i loved it!!! :@`

so... how 'bout U?  share with us your personal road 2 complete smooooothness.  did u do the "buzz" cut or did u just shaved it?  what's your story?

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: YOUR personal road 2 slyness...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 01:59:51 AM »
i was watching a football game and contemplating a new do. the wife was playing with it and said it was getting thin in back. so i went get some clippers and let her buzz it as low as the clippers would go. then i shaved it. still caught the second half of the game too. haven't looked back since.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

GASlick

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 04:25:58 AM »
I had long hair and wanted something new.  So I buzzed it down with a 3.  Kept that for a few months then went all the way down with no guard at all.  This allowed a tan! 

Then one night I was in the shower shaving my face and looked in the shower mirror and went "hhhhmmmm"

Off it went!  That was three years ago. 

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 05:30:05 AM »
Well, I'd been thinning for some time and decided to give myself a buzz cut. So, I took it all of with a pair of clippers (no guard). When I was finished, it looked a little splotchy so I whipped out the razor and made the noggin smooth as silk. I've actually let it grow out a little now and then over the past year and a half but I always come back to the SLY side. O:O
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 06:18:14 AM »
The thinning had gotten bad, so bad that caught in the rain I had to go home and repair the damage to the combover, saw "through" my hair in the mirror--knew something had to be done.  Visiting this site and others, I decided short might work.  Finally in September, on a whim--I don't know why--stopped at my barber and walked out w/ a #4, he first cut it to a #5, and I wanted it shorter.  Then shorter, by my own hand, until a little more than a month later I clipped w/o a guard and shaved, never looked back. 

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 06:21:57 AM »
About ten years ago my hair on top was VERY thin..... typical MPB. So one day on the way to a softball game I stopped in a barber shop and had them buzz it off to about a 1/4 inch length. Then I clippered it every week myself maintaining that same length and wearing the horseshoe.

Then a couple Summers ago I shaved it all off for good......... haven't gone more than a day without shaving since.........
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 09:55:10 AM »
My wife used to cut my hair with clippers, longer on top and shorter on the sides. One day about 10 years ago she stopped while on the top and said you're thinning up here. I looked in the mirror and said humph. About a month later i kept getting shorter and shorter. I buzzed a few times with no guard but usually kept it at a #1 or so. The thinning had gotten progressively worse. The back was getting pretty bare but the oncoming island at the front is what was really bothering me. I started shaving with no guard and clipping the island even shorter with the trimmer on my electric razor. Eventually i went and bought some "balding" clippers that took it down to about 18 hours growth. Then I found SBG, with the encouragement of the fine folks here i took a blade to it. It's taken me over a year to get a routine down that doesn't bother my sensitive skin (sun allergy is the biggest problem) but I now shave every other day or so and love the look.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

baldy46

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 10:17:09 AM »
About 15 years ago, the horseshoe started getting more prominent and I had the barber take my hair down to a #3.  That wasn't short enough for me, so I went down to a zero fade, then a no guard on my entire head.  I have a few scars where hair doesn't grow and you could really see them with the shorter hair, so I decided to shave it smooth.  The scars are A LOT less noticeable and I love being bald.  That was a year and a half ago.  As you guys know, my wife hated the look, but she never says anything anymore.  I'm sly for life!

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 10:28:37 AM »
The head is covered with bad hair.  Course, wavy & gray.  What's a fellow to do?  My neighbor who is Sly and I got into a bet over a goatee.  We were not to cut or trim until the other one did.  Whoever went first-lost.  If it was him- let his MPB grow out.  Me--you guessed it.  SHAVE the Head like his.  The goat looked as bad as my hair.  So one day on a whim, I stopped at the barger and had him shave it clean to the bone.  Bet Ended!!  The best bet I ever lost.  Its been over a year now and I am still loving the look and feeling.  And thanks to you guys, my confidence is right up there.  THANKS!!!!
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline Mike

• Sly genetics guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 12:53:41 PM »
I went from having hair that touched my eyebrows to none. I had my brother shave it all off with no gaurd then razored it right after that.

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 07:02:49 PM »
I went from having hair that touched my eyebrows to none. I had my brother shave it all off with no gaurd then razored it right after that.
O0 O0 O0

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 09:04:28 PM »
well my road to slyness is sorta liek a picture story.

Back in hte 80's I had the most awesome hair.  My hair was my life....it was me.  Everyone idolized me for my hair.  They all wanted it.  Even the girls...all they ever wanted to do was run their fingers thru it.  See attached pic..

I was the bomb! .....well, OK OK it was a nightmare...scary stuff..

anyways several years pass...15 years pass maybe I dunno..but they passed no matter what, they are gone..
I was at this party.  AWESOME PARTY!  Girls everywhere, on the streets, haning from balconies, showing their boobies from convertables as they would pass by.   Dang it!  If I could just go to Mardi Gras just once...not the same when you watch it on tv.
Anyways... this party, it was the only party that I have EVER passed out at.......EVER!.......well ok ok ok..I took a nap.  In the parking lot.   Never mind that...anyways I woke up and this is what I looked like..

I KNOW HORRINDOUS!  AWFUL!  TOTAL DISQUST!  I couldnt stand it ...so I shaved it off.  I mean what else was I gonna do with it.  Flip it up over from the back to the front?  I would end up looking like this ..

( for your info..yes that really is me....I cant believe I actually wore a toupee)

But anyways..I shaved it all off and said to hell with it and wet slick.  Now I still get people who want to run their fingers thru the breeze that blows across my noggin..and I still have people who get me so drunk I pass out in parking lots..
but the toupee...I think i burned it.

GASlick

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 09:09:04 PM »
Timmay, that is disturbing on so many levels.

Offline RodgerDodger

• Super Sly
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 07:44:12 AM »
Timmay, that is disturbing on so many levels.
NOT  :Xo!

Timmay, thanks for that awesome retrospect. Just shows everyone that a
head shave is the only sensible hairstyle.  ^-^

Have a good day.
Rodger, Over & Out  O0

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 10:07:11 AM »
Back in the day...1977

I wouldn't want that mop now!!! I love my slick dome.