Author Topic: sometimer sometimes :-)  (Read 4627 times)

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
sometimer sometimes :-)
« on: October 27, 2009, 09:17:22 AM »
Hi guys,
I guess you have heard stories like mine before.
I have been intrigued by shaved heads for a while and really like them.
I work as actor/dancer/singer and for one ocasion I even suggested, that I shave my head for this event, so I had an excuse to do it, because my partner and family don't really approve it. They prefer me with hair.
Since I still have enough Hair to have a "normal" haircut, I don't have no reason to shave it accept, that I really like it.
Sometimes I wish that I was loosing my hair, so I had a good reason to shave it. ;-)
But that is not the case, so I am a sometimer bald by choice.
I am not shure if I have enough courage to keep it clippershaved or smooth permanently.

Sometimes I have a gig where I would need a bit of hair on my head cause it fits with the personality that I am acting or dancing. Should I have a wig for those situations or what do you guys think?

I am curious about your oppinions.

Sincerely
Sometimer

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: sometimer sometimes :-)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 10:17:23 AM »
Since I still have enough Hair to have a "normal" haircut, I don't have no reason to shave it accept, that I really like it.

The highlighted part of your quote says it all to me...... If YOU like it then do it! It's your life Man...YOUR LIFE!!!!! Don't let others rule any part of your life..... it will eventually lead to resentments, which will lead to unhappiness.

And by the way............ Welcome to the Forum!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 10:53:07 AM »
Welcome, and Koz told you the truth, you already said what you want.  This is up to you unless at some time in the future mpb should come your way, and if it does have a party.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 10:55:48 AM »
Like Koz said, it's your life, live it the way you want.  If having a shave head provides you happiness and confidence, then why wouldn't the people that love you want that?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 02:22:30 PM »
Thanx for the encouragemente. :-)
Most of the time i wear it Clippershaved for the last months and sometimes i shave it smooth with the razor and also sometimes i let it grow up to 2-3mm.
Some Friends compliment it and my partner is beginning to accept it as well.
So I guess I am on the right track ;-)

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 06:15:26 AM »
Hello everybody,
since I have shaved my head a couple of times I would like to show you some pictures with a bit of hair and shaved, so you can tell me what you think. :-)

here they are:
1st me with about 3-5mm
2nd me fist time shaved (I had a lot of cuts)
3rd me fist time shaved on a diagonal

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 10:24:31 AM »
PS: you need to be logged in to see the pictures.
Just found that out myself.

Greets

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 01:23:40 PM »
I would say to change your name to 'all-the-timer' and keep it shaved -- looks good!
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 01:58:41 PM »
LOL :-)

Thanx for the compliment Stu!

As you can see, I still have hair, so no mpb, but I never had great hair.
I saw a post from another guy who said that his head is "lopsided" - which means not symetrical i guess ...
Sorry, I am not a native english speaker.
You can see that mine is a little uneven as well, but I don't think it's that bad and I don't really care ;-)

I am not shure if I want to keep it smooth all the time, but I shave it smooth from time to time, when I feel like it.
For example: I clippershaved today, but not smooth.

When I looked at those pictures again, I thought that it doesn't look bad bald too :-)

Offline baldguynextdoor

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 12:24:22 AM »

Hey Somtimer,

I'm with Stu - it looks good!  Since you've still got all your hair (and thus, options), you should go ahead and do whatever the hell you want with it, as the mood strikes you.  If you wake up in the morning and feel like shaving it, lather up and bust out a razor.  And if you feel like growing it out for a while, go ahead and do that. 

I changed mine up like that all the time for the last 10 years or so, and it worked out great.  If people commented at all, it was mostly positive.  There were a few people, in the very beginning, who had critical things to say.  I was polite about it, but I made it very clear that I am a grown up and not really interested in anyone else's opinion about what's happening on MY head.  And I love my family dearly, but I'm not interested in whether they like my hair..or my shoes....or my sofa...or the thousands of other things I've chosen for myself like the adult I am. 

Also, if you wanted to be bald enough to find and join this forum, I say it's probably time to liberate yourself and go hairfree for a while.  You only go around once, man. 

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 08:39:13 AM »
Hi Baldguynextdoor,

thanx for your feedback!

I can say, that my experience so far was similar to yours.
I had a few negative comments when I cut my hair down from 2cm to 5mm, but actually got more positive comments for it.
My parents prefer me with a bit of hair and sometimes try to get me to grow it out a bit by saying something like:
"can't you let it grow just a few mm?" and I say "no, I like it the way it is :-)"
To tell you the truth: I can't really imagine to have hair as long as 1cm or something like that.
I am so used to have it clippershaved, shaved or a few mm for the past 6 Months, that I surely wont go back to a length like that.
And I think, that I'll do what you suggested:
I do what i feal like... sometimes pop out the razor if I want and otherwise the clippers ;-)

And you're right: It is time to stay short (at least) and I want to and that is why i became a member here.

More comments anybody?

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 08:41:51 AM »
Here is a picture from a few weeks ago, when I shaved it smooth the last time.
I went to a concert of Lara Fabian with a good friend.

marty22

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 11:33:10 AM »
good look!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 11:35:58 AM »
hey sometimer:  welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  u can't go wrong with a shaved dome.  u rock the look.  i say it's a keeper. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 12:11:05 PM »
You do look good sly, I think better than with hair!

I confess that I too sometimes grow it back, mostly because my wife likes it but when I do it's short.  I once said that if there was an inexpensive way to have my hair permanently removed I'd do it and she about freaked!  ;D

It's no sin to do both.  There are guys here that wish they had the option.  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith