Author Topic: takes time and talking  (Read 6913 times)

Offline flattop peterbilt

• Sly Jr.
takes time and talking
« on: March 08, 2007, 09:23:25 PM »
well as some of you read i had a horrible V-DAY...but it ends on a good note...we are trying to work our issues out and make efforts to talk more instead of arguing ...My kids are my world and so is she but Stress from both sides finally pushed us apart....I have been putting a lot more time behind the wheel and effort in being more of a posative person and do more with the kids just incase wounds don't heal...yes i am still bald and loving it...been trying to find a home due to me working out of town now so i never get to my pc anymore...IF i can say anything to benifit anyone else...MEN are not mind readers...so guys if you think something is wrong and you really don't want to hear it or discuss it just do it ...

Life hands you four Aces bet high...life hands you four duces...call

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: takes time and talking
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 09:34:10 PM »
flattop....i wish you luck in patching things up bro...looks like ya'll are atleast making an effort..and where there is a will..there is a way.
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 09:47:19 PM »
Way to stick it out Peterbuilt!  A great book for BOTH of you to read is "The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 05:41:55 AM »
flat. if you need something brother, you know how to find me.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 06:44:43 AM »
Best of luck Flattop, I know it ain't easy.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 09:36:43 AM »
"The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman.

I second this book as a recommended read.....helps in other areas of interpersonal relationships as well.

Thanks for your candor, Flatmeister!   All the best!! O0

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 09:54:18 AM »
Best of luck, Flattop.  Sounds like you are on track by keeping those lines of communication open.  Hope it all works out.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 02:44:58 AM »
Best of luck dude, just went through a rough time with my lay-day as well.  We have found that it does just take a whole lot of time and good communication to work through our issues.
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 05:03:41 AM »
Hey flattop peterbilt, we are all hear for you man. I (we) hope that everything works out well for you.
Let me recomend another great book called "The Ten Stupid Things People Do To Mess Up Their Relationships"
By Dr. Laura.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 05:43:35 AM »
 :-[ Morning, Flatop Peterbilt. Feel your pain and can only add to the advice the other bros gave you: persevere. Many relationships founder because the parties involved are too self-involved or lazy to WORK at finding common ground. The split deeply hurts the kids, so, for their sake, if for no other reason, try to recover what made you love each other at the start. A good book is Erich Fromm's "The Art of Loving." It's quite short and full of insights. Hope you can patch things up; scar tissue is the strongest. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline flattop peterbilt

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 09:15:31 PM »
well besides being in my truck 24 /7 now we had made head way in getting back to what we had before her lack of feeling important...well it seems I thought the problem was me and it was her....she let her work and her family make her mind up that I was the problem when it was her by pushing me to the point of just walking away...well i did it and it was a nasty seperation   for her...well she finally came to her own sense of mind and realized it was not me and she was lacking in a lot of areas and chose to ignore instead of working on it,,,but it is going good so far and only time will tell...yes the kids was the reason she came to her senses lol  ... well back to work guys ...in the middle of a lot of changes in life and can't get online that often so i will check in time too time ...
Life hands you four Aces bet high...life hands you four duces...call

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 09:24:28 PM »
well, bro....hang in there.  Good to hear from ya.

Drive safe

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 01:02:38 AM »
Hey bro, it's good to hear from you again.  Glad things are better on the home front. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 04:45:44 AM »
I'm glad things are working out for you man, and keep us posted whenever you can. Keep the shinny side up!
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline NAVRN2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2007, 06:17:16 AM »
Here for ya and understand.  My relationship with my wife is all over the place.  It has moments of good with the same amounts of bad...  I want it to work, but she tends to put her mother, sister, cats, etc. ahead of me.  Makes me sound like a chick, but I do feel like I am not very high up on her list of important people in her life..... Anyway this is not about me.... I just wanted you to know that I feel your pain, understand you and some of the things you are thinking.  Chin up!!  Everything always works out!!!