Author Topic: Earrings like Howie Mandel  (Read 24249 times)

Offline jasonfieber

• Wish I was on a beach...
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald For Life
Earrings like Howie Mandel
« on: October 20, 2009, 05:45:28 PM »
Hey guys,

I know this is a weird question, but I've exhausted every search engine I know of...wonder if anyone else has this question. I always have worn a silver hoop in each ear and I usually wear a soul patch..most people compare my look to Howie Mandel, although I hardly resemble him. I was wondering if anyone has any idea where I could get hoops like he wears. If you search google images on him you can clearly see the hoops he wears have some kind of detail to them that is very rock-starish. They look like little indentations or dimples in the earring on all sides. I've been searching for the past few weeks in every store/mall I can find and have run out of ideas. Any guys with piercings know of a place that sells unique earrings for men???

Thanks in advance guys!!

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
Re: Earrings like Howie Mandel
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 06:08:29 PM »
Hey Jason,

Point me to a good picture and I'll see what I can find.  If you go to Beverly Hills I'll bet they can fix you right up.  :*))

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline jasonfieber

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald For Life
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 06:17:55 PM »
This one shows them from multiple angles. They don't hang very low off the ear, but they're flat, thick and detailed.

I'll see if I can find more pics.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 07:10:39 PM »
Interesting.  Howie has always presented himself as a BBC guy, but that photo reveals a fairly substantial bald spot on the crown.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 07:31:11 PM »
Interesting.  Howie has always presented himself as a BBC guy, but that photo reveals a fairly substantial bald spot on the crown.

Naw...Howie is balding...but he looks great bald..like it was made for him!

The makeup on his show hid the fact...

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 07:40:24 PM »
Sorry for the hijack Jason, but yeah Razor X, that's why he was smart to go sly before he went bald.   Most people will never know whether he's MPB or BBC. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 07:46:14 PM »
Sorry for the hijack Jason, but yeah Razor X, that's why he was smart to go sly before he went bald.   Most people will never know whether he's MPB or BBC. 
But, why would anyone deny MPB, it's not a disease or defect :/O :/O :/O?  Shouldn't they just be up front w/ it considering that more than 50% of guys will have some degree of MPB by age 50?  Just doesn't make sense!  Honesty should come first, IMO. Considering the amount of makeup he's got to be using to conceal the shadow when he's performing, wouldn't it just be better to be up front about this, whatever the extent of MPB he has?
Also sorry Jason.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 07:46:57 PM »

True.  I just wonder why he won't acknowledge that he's got MPB.  The explanation that he's always given was that he shaved for a film role and like the look.  Why not just admit that he was going bald?  Funny how some guys are in denial about things like that.

Jason -- sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.  I'll bow out now.   ;)

Offline jasonfieber

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald For Life
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 07:58:14 PM »
Sorry for the hijack Jason, but yeah Razor X, that's why he was smart to go sly before he went bald.   Most people will never know whether he's MPB or BBC.  

True.  I just wonder why he won't acknowledge that he's got MPB.  The explanation that he's always given was that he shaved for a film role and like the look.  Why not just admit that he was going bald?  Funny how some guys are in denial about things like that.

Jason -- sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.  I'll bow out now.   ;)

Nice hijack guys! Hahaha.

By the way, the reason he's always given that he shaved is that his OCD and the fact that he's an intense germaphobe led him to shave his head as he disliked his mop and the germs it carried..and his disease has progressively gotten worse. I think that may have something to do with it, but I'm sure it was just as much, if not more, the fact that he was clearly balding.

Alright guys, any ideas on the earrings?? Hahaha!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 07:59:50 PM by jasonfieber »

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 09:07:19 PM »
Jason, have you tried Chain Gang Jewelry?   I have just ordered a pair of stainless from them that might be what you're lookin for.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Paulville

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 05:28:45 AM »
Hey Jason,

I was looking for some of the same earring that Howie wears as well since I was going to dress up as him for halloween with a couple gals that I know dressing like the models from the show.

Anyway, the only thing I can tell you about the earrings is that they are called huggie hoop earrings. There are a few websites out there that sell em but I have yet to run across any that look exactly like the ones that he wears. Google it or try a search on eBay for them. Hope that helps.

~ Paul

Offline jasonfieber

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald For Life
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 07:08:04 AM »
Jason, have you tried Chain Gang Jewelry?   I have just ordered a pair of stainless from them that might be what you're lookin for.

I looked through the entire site and couldn't really find anything. Do you have a link?

I'd appreciate it!

Offline jasonfieber

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald For Life
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 07:09:46 AM »
Hey Jason,

I was looking for some of the same earring that Howie wears as well since I was going to dress up as him for halloween with a couple gals that I know dressing like the models from the show.

Anyway, the only thing I can tell you about the earrings is that they are called huggie hoop earrings. There are a few websites out there that sell em but I have yet to run across any that look exactly like the ones that he wears. Google it or try a search on eBay for them. Hope that helps.

~ Paul

I bought a pair of huggie earrings, but those are called huggie because they "hug" the ear, they are meant to be very close to the ear..and I don't think that's what Howie wears. Also, if you zoom in on the pic I attached that shows the back of his ear you can see where the loop is open ended at the back..the huggie type earrings are a closed loop with a hinge at the bottom...I believe his are completely one pieced with a clasp at the top.

Offline jasonfieber

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald For Life
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 10:19:59 AM »
Well, I bought the closest thing I've been able to find. I found a pair of earrings at Zale's that were squared off and have a difinitive edge to them much like Howie's and very unlike all the rounded earrings you see at the malls. They have almost the same diamater and thickness, and have a detail to them that is more of a diamond cut instead of the round cuts he has. It's close enough!

If I ever run across anything else I'll post it just in case anyone else is wondering. I emailed Howie in every forum I know of, maybe he'll email me back some day. I doubt it!

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 11:13:27 AM »
Let's see a pic when you have time.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde