Author Topic: Tanning Question  (Read 10350 times)

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Tanning Question
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 08:38:26 AM »
Good Luck Jason.  Yes the lotion is the route to go.  I would stay away from tanning beds.  If you really want it on your back, just ask him.  Dont tell anyone you had him do it.  Shhhhhhhhhh I wont tell no one.

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 08:38:23 PM »
You know, there has to be some sort of a solution...
I've thought about taking an old (clean and dry) wash cloth and putting it over one of those back scrubbing brushes (with the long handle) and tie it on with some string or maybe a strong rubber band, and putting some of the lotion on the wash cloth and applying it that way.  If you apply it to your back first and then use any extra that's on the wash cloth for the rest of you, it might not be much of a waste!   ;)

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 06:55:17 AM »
i still say go with the back rub from the roommate..... lol

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2009, 06:57:56 AM »
So looks like Jergen's Natural Glow is the clear winner.

Now how do I get it on my back? I'm single and I don't want to ask my roommate to do it. LOL

Are you familiar with the term "working girl"? If you can find one I'm sure she'll be happy to rub some on your back. >:D
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Iconic

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2009, 04:52:49 AM »
What about alternatives to Natural Glow? I'm in need of some artificial tan but that "Natural" isn't available here. Sides of my head are shadowed by tones of blue and grey. I'm thinking about Nivea Summer Look, anyone familiar with it?

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 07:25:28 AM »
If you're located out in E. Poedunk somewhere, and don't have a store nearby, do you get mail service?  If so, go online somewhere and buy it on-line!  I went to the walgreens website and found some: http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Sunless-Tanning/Natural-Glow-Express-Body-Moisturizer/ID=prod3885162&navCount=5&navAction=push-product
I was surprised to find out that the kind with the SPF 20 was out of stock!  There must be a lot of lurkers buying up the supplies!   :*)) :*)) :*))

hawkeye

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2009, 03:06:31 PM »
The Jergens doesn't leave dark splotchy marks like some of the tanners do?  I remember using some tanning lotion and it looked like i crapped on my self.  Dark splotchy areas.  I would hate that to happen to the noggin... 

Anyways, i bought the jergens natural glow and will try it somewhere i can cover first...just in case.  Had turkey day and everyone commented on the shaved head.  All positive comments, except for those that mentioned the contrast between my face (which apparently has a tan) and my head.

Rich

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2009, 10:06:16 PM »
Hawkeye, I think you will be pleasantly surprised how it covers evenly and I've never had a problem with blotching, but everyone is a bit different, and your scalp may be different from the next person. 
Since it changes gradually over a period of a few days, you may not notice the difference at first.  But if it is on a part of your body that others can see, they may notice before you do.  I've used it evenly from the neck up and got compliments (from guys!) on my tan! I hope it works as well for you as it did for me.  O0