Author Topic: OUCH III-A HEADBLADE STORY  (Read 3649 times)

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
OUCH III-A HEADBLADE STORY
« on: October 16, 2009, 11:27:52 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I am beyond fond of my HeadBlade, but I just had to say a few days ago I had my 3rd miscue with it ever and I have been Sly for 2.5 years now.

Ironically, it seems that I nick myself with my HeadBlade Sport(s) when they are new out of the package.

Has anyone else had this problem?  My theory is that the blade stocked with it is not exactly like the replacement cartridges, it just feels different.

With that, what is your approach after a nick?  Right now I have stubble and want to shave it off, but I do know I have that wound healing on the top of my head right now.

Like I said, I am beyond fond of my HeadBlade and this is not meant as a dis...just a realization that each time I've nicked myself it was with a new HeadBlade Sport out of the package.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: OUCH III-A HEADBLADE STORY
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 11:44:39 AM »
I find that if I use the HeadBlade double blades I tend to cut myself easier.  This is because the blades are angled differently than the Sensor blades I typically use. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 05:15:41 PM »
If I cut myself with the HB it's because of one of two reasons....... I'm either rushing my shave or I haven't changed the blades soon enough........so I try to avoid both.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 03:01:01 AM »
My normal procedure after ritual bloodletting is to use my electric for a few days until the scabs fall off.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 05:06:22 AM »
I use the HB doubles and found out there are some "monster and dracula blades".

If they cut you once they do it again.  >:(

My solution: blades which cut me once are changed advance  ;D.

J

Offline TylerLutz

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 05:39:38 PM »
yeah the double blades are terrible.  They cut the crap out of my skull the first few times before i realized that the triple blades are where its at.  Now i rarely cut myself save for the times i am rushing and shaving like a madman.

edit: if i do cut myself i use the medicinal magic of the tongue to cure it (see avatar)

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 12:25:35 AM »
My cuts with the HeadBlade have resulted when I 1.) try to get "just one more shave" out of the blade, 2.) moving around my ears too quickly and 3.) pressing down while shaving.  I attribute the cuts to "user error" and not the HeadBlade.  ;)

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 08:57:53 AM »
My cuts with the HeadBlade have resulted when I 1.) try to get "just one more shave" out of the blade, 2.) moving around my ears too quickly and 3.) pressing down while shaving.  I attribute the cuts to "user error" and not the HeadBlade.  ;)
I can see that...but I just seem to have bad luck when opening a new HB Sport out of the package.  I guess I could always immediately replace that stocked blade to squash my fear...lol.

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 11:09:59 AM »
Ditto with the other comments -- doubles for me = nicks and cuts,  triples = zero nicks/cuts. 

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 02:58:35 PM »
I don't like the doubles either. HB triples or Wilkinson contact plus doubles work for me.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 04:12:41 PM »
I can see that...but I just seem to have bad luck when opening a new HB Sport out of the package.  I guess I could always immediately replace that stocked blade to squash my fear...lol.

Yeah, send 'em all to me and I'll send them back after a couple shaves!  :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline cvasara

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 09:50:42 PM »
I have used the Headbalde for quite a long time. I started with the triple blades, and they were ok, but now I'm on the twin blade Atras and the twin blade CVS knock offs.   For me, there was a learning curve between the two, and I cut my head with the twin blades when I first started using them,  but I still shaved everyday, and just put my finger on (hopefully) or near the cut.  Still shaved smooth,  but now, I really prefer the twin blades.  They seem to make for a closer shave.  IMO, they do work well, once the learning curve is mastered. 

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan--40th President

Enter your email address: