Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 18319 times)

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
Re: What to do?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 09:06:26 AM »
Ditto!  The smooth dome and beard-great. 
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline BaldnBearded

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 10:54:02 AM »
Alright, I think I'm gonna give it a go.You all really think I can pull off the bald look with a 1-1 1/2 inch beard?I mean, I know I'm capable of growing one, but i'm jsut afraid a bushy beard will look weird on a guy my age who's already bald

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 11:14:44 AM »
If it starts looking weird, trim it down. Simple as that.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 12:11:38 PM »
Go for it, and give us some updates.  We'll tell you when to stop (or not).   ;D
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Paddling outrigger w/Princess Kahuna-Maui coast
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 01:22:03 PM »
Aloha bearded one:
I agree with booted bear- grow it out & check it out then trim if desired. I had a full one in my youth(now 68) and loved it!
Bald Kahuna

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 01:36:15 PM »
Go for it.  Your pics with the beard look awesome.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 04:12:25 PM »
Alright, I think I'm gonna give it a go.You all really think I can pull off the bald look with a 1-1 1/2 inch beard?I mean, I know I'm capable of growing one, but i'm jsut afraid a bushy beard will look weird on a guy my age who's already bald

Ok...maybe not full bushy EVERYWHERE..but length on the goattee area looks way cool with the sides a bit tighter ( a more contemporary younger look)....

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 04:22:03 PM »

To get it "full", keep it trimmed back to a #4 for several months, that permits the dormant hairs a chance to catch up with those at "terminal" length.  Then let it grow out to a length that your full beard density will allow--the mirror will tell you what length your density can do.  Do it for fun, for you, and enjoy it. 

jrppsuobx

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 05:53:57 PM »
With winter coming and your naural ablility to grow a nice beard, GO for the bushy beard. If it doesn't work out trim it back!!
Good pictures.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 07:36:19 PM »
The smooth, slick dome and beard combo is always a winner. I see nothing wrong with the one in your pic. Why not just go with that?

And check out coltsfan for an awesome looking beard.    O0

marty22

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 08:11:31 PM »
a great great look!

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2009, 02:16:00 PM »
You should try it out!
Every man is experimenting with different beard styles in his life I guess. At least I did and look what the result is ;D
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2009, 06:48:47 PM »
I'm just afraid of rocking the look.Kinda feel like the bald bearded look isn't gonna have the girls flocking either.

A lot of guys complain about complying with the superficial demands of their wives or girlfriends, but you are complaining about complying with the demands of women you've created in your mind.  In the earlier post you made a big point about important your beard is to you, but now you're willing to sacrifice yourself to satisfy superficial demands in women that don't even exist yet!

I've gotta tell you; if you are obeying the demands of imaginary women today, you sound like you might find yourself the complete puppet of a miserable *&#&$ of a real woman in the future.

Will you encounter some hot chick that wants you to look like an effeminate metrosexual?  Yup.  In our PC "men-are-evil-women-are-good" world, oh yea, you'll experience some hate on your furry manifestation of the Y chromosome.   But you are not a shallow sitcom character.  You are not a 2-dimensional guy in a Kevin Smith movie.  You're an actual person.  There's more to life than finding the quickest way to have sex.  Being who you are should always be more important than finding a girl...unless she has a lot of money.

As for the look of the beard, GROW IT OUT!  The only way you'll ever know is if you grow it.  If you hate it, you can cut it off in a matter of minutes.  BTW, if you find some girl with, like, a subscription to, like, US Weekly and converses like a talking head on Access Hollywood, she's going to hate your goatee as much as your beard.  Guaranteed.  So you might as well grow the beard or shave the goat off too.

You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline BaldnBearded

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2009, 12:02:42 AM »
thanks everyone for your replies so far.I'm going through with it and growing the beard out.My goatee is getting really bushy, it's about 6 weeks of growth.The rest of the beard is about 8 days.My goal is to grow the goatee to another months length aas well as the beard.gonna give my stache and goatee a more striking look compared to the rest of my beard.I'll post a new pic when I acheive this look!Kinda cool trying out this bald/longer bearded look.Never thought id get the chance to rock this look

Offline J.J.

• Sly
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2009, 12:16:57 AM »
good choice!  you'll look great with the full beard and bald head!