Author Topic: M5 Magnum Razor  (Read 6082 times)

Offline TheBaldGreek

• Learning the way of Sly
M5 Magnum Razor
« on: October 01, 2009, 06:27:56 PM »
I am new here and want to say hello to my fellow Brothers-in-Baldness!  I got sick of paying so much money for silly Fusion and Mach 3 blades and I happened to see this M5 razor at my local BJ's.  Came with the razor and 16 blades for 15 bucks....

Anyone in here have any experience with it?  I got tired of paying for the Gillette name...

Looking forward to some responses!

-TheBaldGreek

ycartt

Re: M5 Magnum Razor
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 06:30:36 PM »
great razor, great price

Offline Chromeskull

• Sly Guy in Training
  • I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 06:34:54 PM »
I am new here and want to say hello to my fellow Brothers-in-Baldness!  I got sick of paying so much money for silly Fusion and Mach 3 blades and I happened to see this M5 razor at my local BJ's.  Came with the razor and 16 blades for 15 bucks....

Anyone in here have any experience with it?  I got tired of paying for the Gillette name...

Looking forward to some responses!

-TheBaldGreek

BaldGreek,

I have never used the M5, but I am with you on what a rip off the Gillette replacement razors are. I use one on my face and always buy a brand new Gillette razor instead of repalcement blades.
I'm smooth (my head is anyway) If you aren't smooth figuratively speaking, let everyone know that you are literally smooth on top.

ycartt

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 06:36:29 PM »
The replacement cartridges are apparently where the manufacturers get their money.  Like buying a printer, get it cheap but the replacement ink will cost you.  I found the M5 at Walmart for like $6.99 and it came with two blades.  The replacement pack I think was like $6 or $7 as well. 

Offline TheBaldGreek

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 06:39:32 PM »
Yeah, my buddy recommended me to try one, and for $16 bucks for 16 blades and the razor, I couldn't pass up!  I got so sick of the Fusion blade ripoffs I ended up trying the Gillette disposable razors and realized just how crappy the longevity of those blades were.

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 08:15:55 PM »
great razor, great price

I agree. The thing is incredible and I was skeptical before trying it. It shaves slick like nothing else I've tried.

P.S. Anyone else notice the orange and black color on the handle and logo? It's like it was custom designed for SBG fans!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 06:30:27 AM »
The M5 is a great razor. You will find several other threads on the Forum touting it's merits.

If yoou got the Razor and 16 blades for $15 that is a steal.
The Wally World's in my area have the razor with two blades for $5.88 and a replacement pack of 4 blades is $5.88.

Every trip to Wally World i pick up at least one pack of blades before they jack the prices on them.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 03:50:22 PM »
M5, got to be the best and most econimical razor on the market this one is a WINNER   O0 O0 O0