Author Topic: another cool site. and a worthy cause  (Read 3690 times)

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
another cool site. and a worthy cause
« on: March 06, 2007, 04:03:04 PM »
i found this site today and wanted to pass it along to everyone. hope yall like it

http://savethetatas.com/

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: another cool site. and a worthy cause
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 05:28:07 PM »
Very awesome site, and a worthy cause. I have a few friends who are survivors and know a couple of people currently fighting.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 05:39:40 PM »
Great cause. I have been on a couple of ta ta safari's myself.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 12:36:35 AM »
My sister's best friend recently lost the battle to breast cancer, but it was on her terms.  She was lucid enough to decide she did not want to be alive because a machine.  Martha
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 03:58:21 AM »
My sister's best friend recently lost the battle to breast cancer, but it was on her terms.  She was lucid enough to decide she did not want to be alive because a machine.  Martha

Sorry to hear that man, my sister is a one year survivor and my girlfriend is going on her fourth year.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 04:02:26 AM »
Very neat, I may purchase one for the wife to wear when she walks her 3 day.

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202305&supid=163243801

My first wife passed away from breast cancer at the young age of 34.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 05:56:35 AM »
 O0 Glad my bald bros are in agreement on this issue and support a worthy cause. I am a prostate cancer survivor and have thought through all the issues connected to a near-death encounter with that killer. People should know about the necessity of a "living will" and, once diagnosed, make themselves as knowledgeable as possible. The more you know about medicine, the more you realize it's not an exact science, but rather an interpretation. Doctors, particularly urologists, sometimes underestimate the importance--to the patient--of "quality of life" issues. The real unsung heroes/heroines are the nurses, who, in my experience, are neither pro-radiation nor pro-surgery, but pro-patient. Any man over 40 should certainly take a PSA test. Early detection can save your life. I've known two hale-and-hardy types (one an ex-Marine) who were apparently in such good health that they decided to forego annual examinations and bloodwork. By the time symptoms appeared, their cancers had matasicized. One is now dead; the other is undergoing massive chemo therapy, which might prolong his life for another five years. The Marine was in his forties when he died; the teacher is 54. The same hormone--testosterone, DHT--that cost some of us our hair, feeds testicular and prostate cancers. This is one area where adult forethought, not bravado, is needed. Men's support groups are attached to most major hospitals and deserve our support, especially the support of those who have survived and can counsel those who are newly diagnosed and in despair. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 07:08:01 AM »
O0 Glad my bald bros are in agreement on this issue and support a worthy cause. I am a prostate cancer survivor and have thought through all the issues connected to a near-death encounter with that killer. People should know about the necessity of a "living will" and, once diagnosed, make themselves as knowledgeable as possible. The more you know about medicine, the more you realize it's not an exact science, but rather an interpretation. Doctors, particularly urologists, sometimes underestimate the importance--to the patient--of "quality of life" issues. The real unsung heroes/heroines are the nurses, who, in my experience, are neither pro-radiation nor pro-surgery, but pro-patient. Any man over 40 should certainly take a PSA test. Early detection can save your life. I've known two hale-and-hardy types (one an ex-Marine) who were apparently in such good health that they decided to forego annual examinations and bloodwork. By the time symptoms appeared, their cancers had matasicized. One is now dead; the other is undergoing massive chemo therapy, which might prolong his life for another five years. The Marine was in his forties when he died; the teacher is 54. The same hormone--testosterone, DHT--that cost some of us our hair, feeds testicular and prostate cancers. This is one area where adult forethought, not bravado, is needed. Men's support groups are attached to most major hospitals and deserve our support, especially the support of those who have survived and can counsel those who are newly diagnosed and in despair. Professor Melon

Well said Professor. Started me thinking. Thanks.