Author Topic: New Baldie  (Read 4162 times)

usmcpelon

New Baldie
« on: September 24, 2009, 05:21:02 AM »
Hey guys, I'm new to all this.  But I came across this sit becuase I was looking for head shaving equipment for my new forced look.  You see, I just started a new job at an office, I never thought anything about the receptionist and the boss for being bald, until I signed the contract.  Requirement for employment: Complete head shave.  I need this job, there aren't any out there right now, but I'm angry frustrated that I have to shave my head on Monday morning and Thursday mornings to satisfy my bosses desires to see us all bald.  He is a former Marines, and he hire mostly former Marines or military personnel (Retired).  I've away sport a high & tight haircut, which is clipped to the scalp on the sides, but never completely bald.  What should I do.

marty22

Re: New Baldie
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 06:03:40 AM »
is the receptionist male or female? If female; u have a crazier than expected boss.

jrppsuobx

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 07:24:29 AM »
I was thinking the same!! ' A female Bald receptionist!!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 09:00:04 AM »
Wow, this is a new question for the Forum! 

Times are tough out there, but even before the downturn many jobs, particularly for women, required a "look", think Hooters--they got taken to court.  The old Playboy Club also had very strict rules on appearance.  For most states, it's an "employment at will" world, so your employer is within his rights on matters of employment.

Although it wasn't your first choice, I think it's always best to make lemonade out of lemons.  Relax, check on the product reviews to find what the guys think about the shaving equipment out there.  I'm sure you're otherwise qualified for the job.  So try it out, you may wind up a BBC advocate.  Lots of guys do. 

usmcpelon

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 10:09:50 AM »
This is an all male workforce, and the boss along with most of the upper management team are Marines and they are all bald.  I mean clean shaved every morning.  You never see any hair on their scalp, they are alway clean shave to the bone.  I am beginning to like the look, it been 2 week now and I'm getting alot of compliment from the outside world both men and women.  I just can get used to the shaving, it irritate the top portion of the head that used to have hair.  I used to sport a USMC high & tight haircut before. 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 10:14:40 AM »
it been 2 week now and I'm getting alot of compliment from the outside world both men and women.  I just can get used to the shaving, it irritate the top portion of the head that used to have hair.   

Try some Nivea Extreme, very nice on the freshly shaved scalp--for mpb guys like me, getting the scraps of hair off the "runway" mean shaving "bald" skin--that's where the balm really feels nice.  Compliments are good O0 O0--did you get many before going sly, my guess is not too many--aren't they great for the ego O:O???

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 09:07:48 PM »
What kind of a business is this and were you not told about this unusual requirement ahead of time?  :o

Like the others have said, make the best of it.  The high & tight look is a bit dated nowadays anyway.  Your head is already shaved, so just go with it.  And smiling a little bit wouldn't hurt, either.  Your avatar photo looks like you're about to do some grievous bodily harm to someone.   ^-^

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 09:15:11 PM »
 I would think it too be kinda cool too have an all bald workforce....
 If its a job you enjoy just adapt too your new work rules and ways...
  Read the forum and you will find the right shaving routine that suits you........
       >>>   WELCOME TOO SBG  <<<

usmcpelon

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 05:12:03 AM »
Thanks for all the remark guys.  It's been three week now since my head shave and I seem to be getting used to it.  Although sometime I'm tempted to quit and go back to the high & tight for what ever reason.  You see, the back of my head is not all that round and I am somewhat consious of it.  Opinions?  All I see here at work is a bunch of light bulb from the back,  and I'm getting to irritation from the top part of my head with a head shave three times a week.  By the way, these Marines have a fully equip company barbershop onsite with fully staffed to take care of all those smooth baldies.  They are very serious about head shaves.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 05:35:53 AM »
Welcome to the Forum SIR!!!

Your head looks great but would look better if you smiled! ;)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

usmcpelon

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 05:53:26 AM »
New face with a smile, better?  I've always look mean, angry looking, but really I not like that, it just me.

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 12:50:42 AM »
WOW. This sounds like a great place to work. Can you get us all jobs there ?  I would love to work for an all bald company. Where is it ? Do they know about this site ?

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 05:51:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum USMCpelon!  Glad you could join our group of extremely handsome men.  I realize that bald was not your choice but it is not bad.  I choose to be bald and love it.  Sure I got some negative remarks, but so what.  Enjoy-get in the car, roll down the windows and feel the air over the scalp- this will definately make you smile.  So--come to the site often and join in on the conversations as often as you can.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

usmcpelon

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 06:32:50 PM »
Thank Papa Don, your word are encouraging.  It's been 3 complete weeks since my dreaded complete head shave initiation in from of my bosses and staff, but I think I'm kinda used to is and I love it, enjoying it, and I am recruiting more guys to the bald look.  I'm getting alot a great compliment on my shaved head and alot of guys ask me how does it feel and that they have been thinking about doing it for some time.  I have started a somewhat small group of these guys and were are supposed to get together for a meeting of some sort and hopefully I can get them to shave their head and joy the website.