Poll

Shiny, or not

Shiny
29 (65.9%)
Not Shiny
15 (34.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Shiny or not.  (Read 15202 times)

jusbnme

Re: Shiny or not.
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2007, 08:19:41 AM »
I prefer the shiney look.Now that I have become a HeadBlader I am using the HeadLube Glossy which really gives me a great gleam on the doom.  I use to be a little self-conscious about attracting to much attention to my head being too shineywhen I first started shaving.  But now I have to admit I love seeing that gleam off the dome if I take a glance in the mirror.  O:O

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2007, 08:31:18 AM »
I like to get it all shined up to that the glare reduces the noticeability of the dreaded shadow.

That's an interesting thought.  I'll have to try the glossy.  Believe it or not I haven't bought ANY HeadBlade stuff yet.

I can't remember where exactly I read that theory but I think it was a post here by one of the regulars when I first joined.  I don't know for sure if it really works but I seem to get more positive comments on my appearance when I'm nice and shiny.
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 08:36:40 AM »
Shiney is definatly the way to go, and not that I'm bayis or anything, but Head Lube "Glossy" is definatly the right product to get the job done. O0 O0
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2007, 09:08:34 AM »
Check one more in the glossy column.  I like that shine. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline medicineman

• Head shaver/Beard grower
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 04:35:59 PM »
I love the shiny look also.  HeadBlade Glossy does the trick for me.  My head shines even when I don't put any product on it though, so in the beginning I decided to embrace the shine rather than fight it. 

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2007, 09:35:28 PM »
Come on now... I take it I am the only fan of the Matte Look that has a Big Mouth!  #3l*
Peace

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2007, 09:38:31 PM »
my head is way too shiny already...i like matte
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 09:43:57 PM »
Come on now... I take it I am the only fan of the Matte Look that has a Big Mouth!  #3l*

I've been using Matte for Men the last week to see how my head works with that.  I noticed with the hot weather here my dome is a little more shiny than I like it at the end of the day, so I'm seeing if MFM works a little better.  Plus, I've been driving to work with my sun roof open to get a little color on the dome, so the SPF works good for that.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2007, 04:58:47 PM »
I had been using the Head Lube Matte exclusively for almost two years. When I started wearing the nice shirts and ties to work I bought some Glossy for...........well just for the hell of it really.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline mikesj

• Sly
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 01:53:59 AM »
I prefer the shiney look.Now that I have become a HeadBlader I am using the HeadLube Glossy which really gives me a great gleam on the doom.  I use to be a little self-conscious about attracting to much attention to my head being too shineywhen I first started shaving.  But now I have to admit I love seeing that gleam off the dome if I take a glance in the mirror.  O:O

Similar experience. Before shaving I was never one to try to draw attention to myself. Now, I try to get as smooth and shiny as possible so my new look gets noticed.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2007, 11:10:29 AM »
For those of you who prefer the shiny look, you might want to try Afta skin conditioner.  It does an incredible job giving you a shine, smells decent, is non-greasy, doesn't dry your scalp, and best of all, it's dirt cheap (couple bucks) and is available most everywhere.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 05:21:31 PM »
For those of you who prefer the shiny look, you might want to try Afta skin conditioner.  It does an incredible job giving you a shine, smells decent, is non-greasy, doesn't dry your scalp, and best of all, it's dirt cheap (couple bucks) and is available most everywhere.
Is it oily at all?
Peace

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2007, 11:15:57 PM »
Is it oily at all?

Not at all -- it just leaves my head feeling extremely soft & smooth (and shiney).  It's definitely worth trying for a couple of bucks ($2.12 to be exact at Wal-Mart yesterday).  You only need a small amount, too -- less than a dime-sized squirt will do.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Lucky13

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2007, 09:19:02 AM »
Something that controls shine pretty good, are those little clean and clear oil control wipes you find in walmart in the skin care isle. They come in a small pocket size dispenser, and you can carry em around in the summer. I too have that natural shine, and Im not too fond of it, but the wipes seem to do pretty good. Somewhat expensive though like 5.99 a pack................I almost forgot...My wife says I get less bumps when I use the shine wipes on a regular basis.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 09:21:00 AM by Lucky13 »
**13**

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2007, 01:56:48 PM »
Mikesj ... anyone ever tell you that you look like Robert Duvall?