Author Topic: shine  (Read 13611 times)

Offline oscar6834

• Learning the way of Sly
shine
« on: September 26, 2006, 03:08:34 PM »
what is being used to shine the head after shave...I LIKE A SHINNY HEAD...
OSCAR

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
Re: shine
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 07:29:46 PM »
   Welcome Oscar,
I just use an aftershave product. Actually, I think my favorite is "Aqua Velva" Ice Sport Cooling Aftershave. My wife, and many other ladies, always comment on the fragrance, asking me what cologne I have on, when it's just the aftershave. It leaves a nice "shine look" too, I think. I don't use as much as I would on the face and/or neck area, but like the leftover after applying to my head and neck, then quickly blot with a towel, as to not oversaturate the head and possibly cause a reaction. Works great for me, and I am a white Yeti! hehe So give it a try.   ;)
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 11:48:52 PM »
I use a lotion by Tolsom with sunscreen in it to protect my scalp.  It also gives my bald head a good shine.  If you're interested in trying it out send me a message and I can let you know where to get it.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline baldvinny

• Baron Of The Bald
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • "Feel My F'n GROOVE!"
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 08:33:48 AM »
i'm sure most of you guys know about the amazing work going on at HeadBlade. if not, you need to get in the know ASAP.....do not pass go, do not collect $200. go to www.headblade.com and make your life easier

they offer two great moisturizers, in a Glossy and Matte format. the Glossy has light oils to help your head shine, while the matte has traces of talc to dull the shine on your dome.

hope this helps!

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 08:37:07 AM »

Hello Vinny,

I have seen some info, in here somewhere, on HeadBlade's products. I myself am interested in trying sometime. I was sent a MySpace invite from them some time ago. Looks promising! Welcome to the community.   :)
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline JuzCawz

• Learning the way of Sly
    • My Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 10:23:34 AM »
I use HeadSHED made by the guys at Headblade. it's an exfoliator that removes dry and dead skin and it gives you that blinding shine.

Offline hipstersaint

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 04:19:39 PM »
yeah, I am totally a fan of the headlube 'glossy'.... it is  awesome!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 10:34:24 AM »
I use the HeadLube Matte on a daily basis. It can also be used as an aftershave for your face too. I'm going to try the HeadShed soon too.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 07:36:25 PM »
i use headblade glossy to give my bald head a good shine

BaldRob

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 07:28:59 PM »
Normal days, I use Headlube Matte... When going out I use Headlube Glossy...

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 09:06:28 AM »
I love having a shine.  Brings attention to my dome!  Anyway, I am kind of naturally shiny.  In the past I have used a Aloe Vera gel to bring out the shine.  But I also love HeadLube Glossy!  I am pretty impressed with most of what the HeadBlade folks offer.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 11:44:20 PM »
I have used several different products.  Sadly, Bath&Body's body cream works very well, but you have to deal with the fragrance thing.  Baby oil is good cheap solution, too.  I currently use HeadBlade ‘Glossy.’  It works great, goes on easy, no smell or residue. 
Not to change subjects too much.  Has anyone used the HeadLube ‘Matte’???
Been thinking about changing looks.    :-\
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 07:50:53 AM »
I use the "Matte" all the time. I have quite a bit of natural shine too though.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline MC HammerHead

• "..I shouldn't have to tell you who I am...because who I am should be speaking for itself.."
  • Sly
  • Future's So Bright, Got To Wear Shades..and SPF 45
    • Downhillbillies
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 09:38:19 AM »
I am laughing out loud right now because there is something crazy going on when a bunch of tough looking bald guys are sitting around talking about moisturizers, exfoliates, matte and gloss finishes, etc.  There is something totally hilarious here....

But, on the subject:  As some of you know I am a Headblade proponent and have been using both the Matte and Gloss Headlube fo a while (Matte during the day and Gloss when going out at night...).  I just got a bottle of the Headshed and used it today for the first time and I can already tell a difference.  My shave was a little closer and there is more of a shine.

Speaking of MySpace Headblade's is www.myspace.com/headblade.

If you are on there mine is www.myspace.com/mchammerhead

Add me if you have one!

Later fellas....

MC HammerHead
Downhillbillies Skateboarding Organization
Woody's Halfpipe Board Shop Team
Pavel Skates Flow Team
Axe Army
Headblade Street Team
www.myspace.com/mchammerhead

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 09:59:10 AM »
lol. Yeah there is definitely some irony here. My site is http://www.myspace.com/ar3inc
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995