Author Topic: Thinking of changing my timing belt  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Sandmano4

• Sly Guy in Training
Thinking of changing my timing belt
« on: September 17, 2009, 09:23:09 AM »
Hey Guys,

I amconsidering tackling my timing belt on a 91 Acura legend. any tips or people experienced with hondas? Im also considering tackling my mom's timing belt on her MDX also a honda motor. Any input would be appreciated thx!

P.S. On th elegend the timing belt is surprisingly easy to access, MDx will be way harder I think. There are actually two on the legend!!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Thinking of changing my timing belt
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 11:03:22 AM »
I've never changed one but some of my friends have and they unanimously say it is a real pain in the butt.

Offline Baldboss

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 06:51:22 PM »
While I haven't changed the timing belts on a Honda, I have changed the timing chain on an old Toyota.  PITA is an understatement.  I had to pull the front motor cover to do it, but really should have pulled the head for the gasket to fit right.  I managed to do it without leaks, but what a pain.  If you don't have to pull the head, it shouldn't be too bad, though.  Make sure the valve train and crank are fully in time when you button it up, though.  (Usually it takes two cycles to be in time but may appear to be synced after one.)

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 08:08:54 PM »
Anything can be found on google.  O0

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 11:56:50 PM »
Check YouTube.  I learned how to fix my washing machine by watching a youtube vid.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.