Author Topic: 9/11..... Please take a few moments to .............  (Read 6430 times)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
9/11..... Please take a few moments to .............
« on: September 10, 2009, 07:12:16 PM »
Reflect and Remember.
Remember those that were taken, their families, and the soldiers that have since perished.
Reflect on what took place and the horror it brought to our lives.
Recall your feelings that awful day......

Then hold your loved ones close, tell them you love them, and thank God for what you have...........

Peace to ALL my SLY brothers............

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: 9/11..... Please take a few moments to .............
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 07:19:13 PM »
Amen....

I'm actually flying home tomorrow (business trip in San Diego). Going to feel odd.

Peace to our fallen fellow Americans.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 10:30:27 PM »
I'll never forget the day.  Prayers definitely going out to the victims' families.  Innocent lives snuffed out, and why?... because they lived in the greatest country on earth.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

BaldRob

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 06:18:21 AM »
Never Forget!!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 06:20:33 AM »
The faces, the stories, the shock and disbelief--we've learned to live with it, but not accept it. 

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 08:33:34 AM »
I agree and was actually going to post something myself.

What is really disturbing to me, is one of the local radio DJ's received a text this morning from his friend in New York that said something to the effect of "I'm on a train in NY reading the paper and the headline is about Michael Jackson.....WTF?!?!?!"

Good to know there are still many people who have not forgotten.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 09:26:30 AM »
Sometimes it seems so long ago, and other times I find myself reeling as I remember that awful day.

I want to forget, but I know we must not.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 09:29:40 AM »
Sometimes it seems so long ago, and other times I find myself reeling as I remember that awful day.

I want to forget, but I know we must not.

And not only the US SBG, the UK and the underground attacks, South East Asia and Australia, India--this lunacy is not held in, boundaried by anything--it's just hate.

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 12:17:46 PM »
I will never forget and never let it happen again...how many untold successes have there been that we don't even know about?

How many attatcks have been thwarted?  We never know about them, but some who let themselves forget...probably don't have the ability to understand the untold successes we have had.

Offline Larry

• Sly Jr.
    • http://www.theelectroniccigarettecompany.com/
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 01:09:05 PM »
I didn't hear about it until I went to the courthouse and it was locked down.  When I got home I found out what happened.  All those people with loves, hopes and dreams just like the rest of us were just snuffed out and makes my heart heavy just thinking about it.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 04:35:00 PM »
The expression, "Let's Roll", earned a new meaning that horrible day
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Jim80

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 06:26:00 PM »
I remember hearing that morning soon after the Pentagon was hit that there were reports that Camp David was hit, I just remember running downstairs yelling to my mom that they think Camp David was hit and going outside to look towards that area, I live about 15 miles or so from the mountain that Camp David is inside.

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 10:14:28 PM »
My brother was on his way to the world trade center that morning, and heard about what had happened while stuck in  traffic on the highway....   A lady I worked with lost her husband in the WTC that day ....

I think it's time to step-up our effort in hunting down every last terrorist on the planet.   :x!
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 12:20:43 PM »
      New York City was a regular stomping ground on weekends or sometimes after work with the gang...
  That was about twenty years ago and The Towers were just another common everyday site...
    " Now living in Minnesota"----I was working that day and i literally stopped in my tracks and was glued too   the radio the rest of the day...I was listening too everything as it was happening live on radio..I was extremely shocked and could`nt believe what was happening in my old " backyard "....The workday was cut short and raced home too watch the rest of the events on TV.......That was something i could`nt get out of my mind for a long time..and was the talk of the town for months too come......
     Now those towers are gone and are American symbols of _____________...........
 Those Towers were just buildings and easy too replace---But looking at all those pictures of ordinary citizens and huge number of Firefighters and Emergency personal who lost there lives was terrible...........aarrggh..

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 12:26:19 PM »
      But looking at all those pictures of ordinary citizens and huge number of Firefighters and Emergency personal who lost there lives was terrible...........aarrggh..

I had back surgery on  9/12--and during my recovery the New York Times did a series that became a haunting habit for me.  Over a period of weeks they had a section w/ the picture of every victim and a short, maybe two hundred word--life history.  I read each and every one of those, all of them were people who sounded like people you wanted the chance to get to know--and yet, they were gone, to their families, their friends and neighbors, and in a sense to everyone of us who might have met them and enjoyed their friendship.  I'll never forget that series, never.