Author Topic: M5 Razor  (Read 24641 times)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: M5 Razor
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2010, 08:03:14 AM »
I agree Saintc. I dropped it after replacing a blade and the thing fell apart.  Another thing that I'm not happy with is the orange surface on top and bottom of blades.  It lossen up and fall off after 4 shaves.  Has anyone had that problem.  I'm trying to make the blades last as long as possible with the olive oil, but the orange strip fall off.

I have been using the M5 almost since the day it hit the market and I have NOT seen this problem. I'm guessing that the olive oil might be the culprit. Instead of using the olive oil to store the blades, try rinsing them off with alcohol.... that seems to help with blade life according to many.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2010, 08:05:46 AM »
I use each M5 blade for about 4 weeks.... but take into account two things:

that I only shave my face with it..... not my head
that I usually skip a shave once a week
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2010, 08:10:13 AM »
I use each M5 blade for about 4 weeks.... but take into account two things:

that I only shave my face with it..... not my head
that I usually skip a shave once a week

That's cool, for me there's really not that much face, just neck and some cheek, if I get that much at the price--I'm "Cadilliacing" to borrow the phrase from a now deceased aunt. 

Offline omegapd

• Sly
  • "Fuzzy"
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2010, 12:38:34 PM »
I agree Saintc. I dropped it after replacing a blade and the thing fell apart.  Another thing that I'm not happy with is the orange surface on top and bottom of blades.  It lossen up and fall off after 4 shaves.  Has anyone had that problem.  I'm trying to make the blades last as long as possible with the olive oil, but the orange strip fall off.

Yep- after one day or so of being in the olive oil, the strip has turned to white. I don't expect it to be on there long.  My old Trac II carts do the same thing, though. So far, the Fusion I use doesn't fall off but turns white quickly in the olive oil.

Pretty good first shave with the M5 today. Maybe abit closer than the Fusion I've been using. Going to be a close race between the two, I think. We'll see how much price plays a part in the final outcome.  :)
- Eric W-

Enter your email address: