Author Topic: M5 Razor  (Read 24563 times)

Offline Rhymez

• McGarry
  • Super Sly
  • Hip Hop 4 Life!
    • Notorious R-MC
M5 Razor
« on: September 09, 2009, 06:02:19 AM »

Just a short while ago I bought this razor. It is simillar to the Gilette Fusion 5 Blade, but the only difference other than to me that it gives a way better shave than the Gilette Fusion, is the price.

Like the Fusion, the M5 razor has 5 blades for shaving, and 1 persision blade. It has a sleek handle, and in my opinion gives a way better shave than the Fusion.

To buy a Fusion it normally costs 14.99$ for the handle with one blade, and for replacement blades depending on weather or not you get the 4 or 8 pack, anywhere from 20-30 bucks, if you are getting the regular razor and not the power ones, which is the biggest ripoff in razors because the power and the regular Fusion both give the same shave, the only difference is the cash you have to pay for the power. For the M5, they dont have a power, but the razor itself provides an excellent shave.

For the razor itself, the M5 only costs 6.00$ in change, and it comes with the handle and 2 blades, unlike the Fusion which only comes with the handle and 1 blade. To buy replacements, a 4 pack of blades only costs 6.00$. So if you buy the handle and the 4 pack of blades, your total comes to 12.00$ before taxes, so 6 blades and the handle. To buy the handle with 2 blades and the 4 pack of replacement blades, is cheaper than just buying the Fusion handle with one blade.

So aside from the cost, in my oppinion this razor works very well, way better than the Fusion. So far the only place I know that sells this razor is Wal-Mart. I encourage anyone who may use the Gilette Fusion to pick up and switch to the M5 razor. You will feel the difference in the shave, and the difference in your wallet!

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
Re: M5 Razor
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 06:55:18 AM »
Although I'm very happy with my Rolling Razor I may try this one for the heck of it. A Sly guy can never own too many razors I always say.  ;D
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

parksie

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 07:35:08 AM »
I have had some good results with this razor.   O0

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 08:31:10 AM »
D_mn caught me at a weak point, I've only bought "essential" shaving supplies, now you've given me an excuse to try yet something else.  My only problem w/ Fusion isn't the blades, but the rubber cushions on the handle come loose and fall off in about 6 months.  I'm probably going to try this out---and I'd just about broken the habit of passing by the shaving section everytime I went to the store :-\

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 06:02:03 PM »
Damn!! I'm with SAINTC on this one! Now I'll have to check it out......
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline phuzzphree

• To each his own.
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 12:08:30 AM »
sounds awesome! I'll pick one up this weekend...  O0
(BaldGuyz gel + Gillette Fusion) - hair = a beautiful thing!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 04:52:16 AM »
I picked one up yesterday and used it this AM on my face. Great results....every bit as good aas the Fusion.
$6 for the razor with three blades and $6 for an additional 4 pack of razors. A great deal.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 06:18:39 AM »
I picked one up yesterday and used it this AM on my face. Great results....every bit as good aas the Fusion.
$6 for the razor with three blades and $6 for an additional 4 pack of razors. A great deal.
That's closed the deal--it's to Wal-Mart tomorrow morning!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 12:04:20 PM »
I'm stopping on the way home to buy more blades before all you damn bald guys buy them up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 10:56:00 AM »
I'm stopping on the way home to buy more blades before all you damn bald guys buy them up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I'm a "Doubting Thomas" from the get go, so I bought the Magnum MS w/ the two extra blades this morning after leaving the gym, just under $6 before tax.  Saturday's are usually devoted to errands, but before doing them, I take a leasurely shower & get shaved up extra nice.  Well, I'm sold, that was one of the most, if not the most, close and comfortable shave I've ever gotten, face and scalp! O0 O0 O0
Close, you can hear it chomping up the beard and hair, comfortable, not even the sense of something sharp on the skin, and the result feels like a new born baby's butt--so smooth O0, so Sly  8) just the tops.
Now the test--how long does it last, more on that tomorrow. 

Muchas gracias, merci beaucoup, thanks y'all--for the GREAT tip. 

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 12:04:50 PM »
I have owned the Gillette Fusion razor for over 3 years now and the rubber grip has never fallen off mine.  Mine's the power version so it may have a different form factor that makes it more difficult for the grip to come off.  Prior to that I had (and still have) a Mac 3 and I find I prefer the larger size of the Fusion better than the Mac 3.

I'm interested in getting one of these M5 blades now, but I think I still have a bunch of Fusion blades.

I like the power sensation, but I don't think it does anything to improve the shave.  My purchase of this razor was an example of the power of advertising.  I was at a NASCAR race once where I had a fever, was given 9" of space on the bleachers, and sitting in 50 degree Florida air where it was raining as much as it could without stopping the race.  The obnoxious people in front of me kept standing up when the cars went by so I couldn't see anything.  The only thing I could look at was the Gillette Fusion advertising material that was placed at ever set.  After looking at that for an hour I went inside and waited around for the end of the race so that I could go home.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 12:20:18 PM »
I have owned the Gillette Fusion razor for over 3 years now and the rubber grip has never fallen off mine.  Mine's the power version so it may have a different form factor that makes it more difficult for the grip to come off. 

This happened w/ my Power Fusion too, maybe it's the water here or something, and the batteries on the power shorted out, 2 of them, that's when I went to the plain version--and it's the same problem. 
Anyway, for $6 give it a shot, you'll like it.  If I like as much as I do now after a week, I'll go back to the Fusion, use up the blades, 7 left, then on to MS.  I never thought I'd say that, never.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 07:31:40 AM »
I have owned the Gillette Fusion razor for over 3 years now and the rubber grip has never fallen off mine.  Mine's the power version so it may have a different form factor that makes it more difficult for the grip to come off. 

This happened w/ my Power Fusion too, maybe it's the water here or something, and the batteries on the power shorted out, 2 of them, that's when I went to the plain version--and it's the same problem. 
Anyway, for $6 give it a shot, you'll like it.  If I like as much as I do now after a week, I'll go back to the Fusion, use up the blades, 7 left, then on to MS.  I never thought I'd say that, never.

You have been assimilated!!!!!

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
    • www.myspace.com/dangman
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 09:16:12 PM »
So I just bought this yesterday and give it a shot  this evening. I've got to say, this is a good razor from just my first day, so time will tell, but I have feeling its going to be good. Gave me a close smooth shave with no cuts and no serious irritation. I did 3 passes, across the grain, against the grain, and against the grain again. I can officially say that I don't think I will ever be buying anymore gillette products EVER! So this will most likely be my new head shaving razor and my DE razor will be my face shaver.

cheers guys
Its good to be bald my friends :)

Offline Larry

• Sly Jr.
    • http://www.theelectroniccigarettecompany.com/
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 10:11:44 AM »
All these new things are interesting but I get the greatest pleasure out of shaving with my antique Gillette but I do use my Headblade from time to time.  I've collected a few antique razors.