Author Topic: Finding myself in a strange situation-please advise  (Read 3302 times)

Offline rancid

• Learning the way of Sly
Finding myself in a strange situation-please advise
« on: September 07, 2009, 07:27:08 PM »
Hello fellas!

I am new in here.I have been going thru the forum on and off but never was a member. Well I am finding myself in a 'situation' now and want your advice.

About 5 months ago I met a lady over the internet and started talking to her.I am 27 and she is a few years older than me.We hit it off crazily.Ever since we started talking, we have been talking for a few hours almost daily. And we are very similar...the chemistry is terrific.We can talk on for hours and about almost anything under the sun. We have even graduated to phone calls and texts.

Now the thing is, we have not yet met. She stays across the ocean(me in US, she in UK)! We have been carrying on our little relationship fighting thru the time-zone business and all! Anyways, good news is that shes taking a few days off and flying here just to spend a few days with me. (She obviously likes me..and I do so too). She expects to meet me in a months time.

Now what I am worried about is we have exchanged a few of pictures of ourselves but do not really know how each one looks. I do not really care about her looks since she makes me happy just talking to me! In her case, I am not too sure. I am kinda losing hair (Thats where this forum really comes into picture!) and its pretty visible. My lady love does not know that and I dont know if shes gonna freak out seeing me. And I dont think I am ready to take the plunge about buzzing off my hair..somehow the buzzing thing makes me nervous!

Offcourse we havent explicitly declared our feelings to one another. The understanding was to see if we click together in real life as well and then decide the future course of things. I know we will do well...the date will go perfect and we will like each other as persons. But this appearance thing..I am not so sure. Cause she herself is beautiful and I am younger than her and still losing hair! Guess I have to amp my confidence!!

One good thing about my lil relationship is that since we havent met but stil have been talkin awfully long we know each inside rather than like the regular relationships that start off with appearances. All the same, even when I say I can talk to her about literally anything, I am not sure if I can and if I should talk about my hair thingy to her.

Any comments will be definitely appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline DaDi

• Sly
  • The 1st sly member in SBG from Greece!
Re: Finding myself in a strange situation-please advise
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 02:09:48 AM »
Just be yourself dude!  O0
Let it roll...  :)
Yea, right...

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 02:16:54 AM »
Tell her, then there are no surprises when she steps off the plane.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 05:12:07 AM »
Just be yourself dude!  O0
Let it roll...  :)

Simple and great advice..........
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

slyatlast

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 05:44:36 AM »
She is not flying across the ocean just to see what your hair looks like.  She's doing it to meet you.  You two obviously have "clicked" and unless your thinning hair is exposing a third eye in the back of your head, she's not going to give it a second thought.

....in fact, she may have such strong feelings for you that she could overlook the third eye.

Offline Vash

• Be Kind For Everyone You Meet Is Fighting A Hard Battle
  • Super Sly
  • Bald, Bearded, Tattooed, Awesome!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 06:10:38 AM »
Hello fellas!

All the same, even when I say I can talk to her about literally anything, I am not sure if I can and if I should talk about my hair thingy to her.

If you can tell her anything, then tell her everything. be open, honest and up front about your feelings. If you are nervous about meeting her, say so. And when she asks why, tell her honestly. No reason to start off any kind of potential relationship by holding back something that is important enough to you to seek the advice of relative strangers.

Good luck.

~Vash

FB: Vashon Bench
Twitter: @gingerbeardpdx
Instagram: @gingerbeardpdx

Offline rancid

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 02:41:39 AM »
Thank you guys. Appreciate all the inputs. I have been still thinking about my situation though.
And so the new developments are like:

She texts me in her UK morning (i am still sleepin..US night) and asks me if I use separate shampoo n conditioner :XX

I think this is the perfect time to let the cat out of the bag..the worst thing dat wil happen is she wudnt fly out to meet me!

So I text back: Lols..I used to use separate stuff..not anymore.I like to put it as 'I am truly my dads son' as I am not blessd in the hair department!I used to stress about it a lot at one point in my life(?sometimes I still do) until i decided it wasnt really worth it!

(This could atleast work to get my fear out in the open)

So she texts back: Lols..its ok..your hair is fine..it jus needs my touch!

Well this could mean shes kinda Ok with it or she wont be once shes seen me as she has seen only my pic where my hair appears alrite.

But I feel better after coming out with it anyways.Atleast I dont feel like I am hiding stuff from her.

Thanks guys again.
You rock!!! O0

Enter your email address: