Author Topic: Thief or Not ??  (Read 3465 times)

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Thief or Not ??
« on: August 28, 2009, 08:12:25 PM »
   Dont you just hate having a good nights sleep only too find someone has broken into your truck-car-garage or whatever.......I`ve actually had over the past 15 years 4 trucks broken into with stereos-tools and other goodies stolen...
   I`ve  even had a Chevy Suburban stolen from the front of my house...Well this morning loading some tools into my truck i noticed things looked a little out of place..After a quick look around i can only assume someone was snooping around trying too find something too sell....Well it looks like nothing is missing but Yahoo they left me a gift .!. Looks like she ( thats right i said SHE ) dropped her drivers license in my yard...
  Now i`m not saying she was the one in my yard..Maybe she was robbed that night also and the crook discarded her license in my yard and kept whatever else they got from her...
  Either way i`m not sure if i should go too her house and find out what she has too say--
  Or just hand it over too the Police and let them do there thing--HECK she might be a wanted burglar or felon..
  I`ll at least have the Police run her name before i hit her house.........She looks so happy in her picture with maybe a splash of evil........
  I`m pretty sure i covered any important information on her license in case shes an upstanding honest person like me ........What do you think ??  Will get too the bottom of this tommorrow ! ! !     

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
Re: Thief or Not ??
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 08:15:53 PM »
Definitely call the cops.  From previous pictures. you are a big intimidating looking guy.  If you go look her up, you are only asking for trouble.  We know that you are honest and forthright, but she doesn't.  Let the cops do their jobs.  You are not in Roseville though, are you?  The have flat out told me that they only handle traffic enforcement.  Luckily i now live in Fridley where we have decent drug dealing cops.  ;)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 08:25:33 PM »
Too much of a coincidence for me. i'd hold that license for a few days and see if she comes snooping around.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline SultanofSwing86

• Sly
  • aha my razor
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 12:26:48 AM »
She doesn't look like the usual car breaking in theif to me. I'd hand it over to the police, or call them and notify them that you have her driver's license and the circumstances with which it ended up in your car, I bet her license has already been reported stolen, you never know she may come round in person to pick it up.......... ;)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 02:40:26 AM »
I'd take down the info and call the cops and see what they say.  But, I'd also be kind of sneaky and maybe drive by the address to see what it looks like. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 06:26:06 AM »
well, if I were you...glad I aint, from the looks of your picture ( Ha)  I would just write the info down or make copies of it and then turn it over to the police.  I am not sure how that lady will react if a monkey walked up to her door and said here ya go ma'am, I found these in my yard.  Who knows, you may get the same reaction from the police as well.  LOL

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 09:47:17 AM »
Maybe this is a better idea, send the license to her, w/ a copy to the head of your police district, saying that you noticed someone had been in your truck, and the license was found in the yard--nearby I'm assuming.  Jessica may have to change her drawers when she see's that a copy went to the police >:D >:D >:D.  Did I mention that I had a mean streak? ;D

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 10:39:43 AM »
keep us informed on the outcome.

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 10:44:01 AM »
You could be meaner Saint.  Have a cop return it to her and explain where it was found.  :)  Aarrgghh - Got any friends on the force?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 11:01:11 AM »
You could be meaner Saint.  Have a cop return it to her and explain where it was found.  :)  Aarrgghh - Got any friends on the force?

I don't know about Minneapolis/St. Paul, but my experience in New Orleans is that the police are understaffed and over worked.  They frankly don't have the time to get into this type of thing--it would be nice if they did but people won't pay the price since that's a three letter word--taxes.  But, by sending a copy to the police, should this street babe ever trouble aarrgghh again in a direct and potentially dangerous way, they will have a record--aarrgghh will keep a copy of course--and when the DA gets the case this event can be introduced in court for the judge to consider when sentencing!  Look forward to the kill, not the hunt. 

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 11:25:33 AM »
As a (retired) copper in a fairly high crime town I can tell you that one word that I always encouraged people to remember is:
DOCUMENTATION! This means make a police report.
As a taxpayer you are automatically entitled to police service. What I would do, bearing this in mind, is take the license down to the station, make a report that someone had entered your vehicle during the night (trespassing to a motor vehicle, usually a misdemeanor) and apparently taken nothing from the car. After discovering that this offense had taken place you turned and started walking back toward your house and found (however many feet from the point of entry) this driver's license.
The thing that I would be concerned about is that this chick, if she is involved in the vehicle incident, was walking up to check out your house or garage as a site for a burglary when she inadvertently dropped her license. Who knows, maybe somebody's dog barked and she and her accomplice(s) decided that it would be best to depart prior to their presence becomming common knowledge.
If you show up at her house with the D. L. you might end up having to defend yourself and you, being on her turf, would be at a distinct disadvantage. Trust me on this, going to her place smells like real trouble to me.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline BaldMark

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 12:14:17 PM »
I have a feeling that they broke into her car and stole her wallet.  I know to may women that leave it there.  Defiantly file a police report.  A crime that isn't document is a crime that can't be solved.   Don't handle the license it may have their finger prints on it so you may be able to solve two crimes with it.  Good luck and keep us informed.

adam_r_todd

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 12:30:44 PM »
My guess is she didn't do it.  I'll bet she's a victim just like you.  Look at that face.  She's nice.  I can tell.   ;)

SlyHigh

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 03:30:06 AM »
My house was broken into once and I found a guy's paycheck stub in the yard by the driveway.  I knew it was dropped there within hours of the break-in because it wasn't soaked by the sprinklers (which come on every morning).

I gave it to the police.

They did nothing.  I called to follow up and they never returned my call.  I guess a pay stub isn't enough proof so they just figure it wasn't worth their time.

The police actually dusted my house for fingerprints.  That seemed dumb to me.  But they also were convinced someone with a key did it because the window looked broken from the inside.  Ummm, the kitchen sink is full of glass, now tell me how that proves it was broken from the inside?

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 09:04:37 AM »
Well as an Ex-LEO (over 20 yrs) I can probably already guess, you messed around in your truck and smudged any finger prints they left at points of entery.  If it was her, they now can not prove it because the crime scene has been disturbed.  Many a time, a theif drops some of their own information, and yes this could have been your car burglars drivers license.

Call your local authority, make a report, and give them the drivers license of this young lady.  Alot of times, young women carry their drivers license in their back pockets or a t-shirt brest pocket and they loose them.  Loosing that in the dark while in your yard.

Well, live and learn brother.

Enter your email address: