Author Topic: Walgreens King of Shaves Gel Clearance  (Read 3332 times)

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
Walgreens King of Shaves Gel Clearance
« on: August 23, 2009, 02:53:14 PM »
Just went to Walgreens and they had their King of Shaves Gel on clearance for $1.59 for a 6 ounce tube.  I bought the last three at my local store.  These are normally $6.40 per tube according to the shelf tag.   O0

EDIT:  Tyler reviewed this product here.  Ward reviewed it here.  My goal was to try it for the uber lather that everyone keeps talking about, but apparently it does not lather.  So if there are any recommendations for that purpose.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 03:04:05 PM by Antimidas »

Offline dawgfan

• Sly
Re: Walgreens King of Shaves Gel Clearance
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 05:53:54 AM »
Antimidas,

I'm definately no expert, but I think you'll need to use a traditional cream to make uber lather.  I am currently using one you can pick up from bath & body works that is made by C.O. Bigelow.  It's in a green tube.  Works GREAT for me. 

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 01:01:04 PM »
I, too, went by my local (Woodruff, WI) Walgreen's today, as I do occasionally, to scout for bargains. I found the KOS gel in 2 varieties, sensitive and sensitive/anti-bacterial, for $1.59 per tube. There were a total of 8 tubes left and I bought them all.
They also had the HeadBlade Head Wipes for $2.19 per box of 12 individually wrapped towelettes. They had 4 left and I cleaned them out of those as well.
All in all a good day. I won't have to shop for a year.
Thanks for the Heads Up, Antimidas!
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 01:48:53 PM »
Any time Buddha.

Dawgfan - I did locate a Bath & Body Works yesterday and picked up a large tube of CO Bigelow to look my best for the date.  Good stuff!  Nearly 24 hours later, I still don't have enough to warrant a shave.  But I did the bathtub soak, Shave Secret and uber lather trifecta with a fresh blade on my Fusion.

Offline dawgfan

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 03:57:37 AM »
Any time Buddha.

Dawgfan - I did locate a Bath & Body Works yesterday and picked up a large tube of CO Bigelow to look my best for the date.  Good stuff!  Nearly 24 hours later, I still don't have enough to warrant a shave.  But I did the bathtub soak, Shave Secret and uber lather trifecta with a fresh blade on my Fusion.

Glad to hear you had good results.  I love the stuff.  Might I suggest you've stumbled upon the "perfect shave"  O0

Naahhhh.  For me, it's never ending   ;D

I will have to give the shave secret trick a try.  That's what I used in one of my many everchanging routines underneath headslick.  Thanks for the tip!