Author Topic: 19 years old and quite unhappy  (Read 21465 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: 19 years old and quite unhappy
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2009, 01:10:55 PM »
yeah i suppose. Im the most indecisive person you will ever meet thats what turns it into rocket science D:

You sure have come a long way in 6 days, congrats O0--one day I suspect the itch to see it completely smooth  O:O will over take you.  

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2009, 05:15:09 PM »
I do kinda want to shave it just to give it a go but I have no support from my family over it =(
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2009, 05:50:02 PM »
Sure it's nice to have the support of those around you, but do they ask your permission in choosing their hair styles?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2009, 06:41:22 PM »
I do kinda want to shave it just to give it a go but I have no support from my family over it =(

When I buzzed that short, I just couldn't resist the urge to shave it.  I was nervous as hell, but curiosity got the better of me.  I wasn't going to do it but I only held out for about 15 minutes before I succumbed.

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2009, 07:00:08 PM »
yeah its just difficult to do something without the support of your loved ones.
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

Offline Baldboss

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2009, 07:10:21 PM »
Sure it's nice to have the support of those around you, but do they ask your permission in choosing their hair styles?
As a newbie, I have to ask you wiser gents...is being bald a "hair style"?  Hairless style?

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2009, 07:39:33 PM »
MY family would not have given me the permission.  So I did it without their permission.
On August 24 I will be celebrating both my birthday and my one year sly anniversary. 
I shaved it last year and my family no longer cares.   They are used to it.  O0

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2009, 07:59:42 PM »
That was my same experience with facial hair.  While in the Air Force, I grew the cop stache because I could.  I was hounded for 6 months after I got out to shave it.  Even threatened that they would wax it in my sleep.  When I did shave it off, the immediate response was "Ew!  Grow it back!"  I have had it or the goatee ever since but for the few odd times I just get in a frenzy to remove all facial hair.  One look in the mirror and I start growing it right back.

Now all I have to do is look at a picture with the MBP and I get the urge to shave my head whether it needs it or not.

Day 23 and counting.

Offline BaldBear

• Bald, Bearded and Bear!
  • Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • "woof!"
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2009, 06:30:42 AM »
As a newbie, I have to ask you wiser gents...is being bald a "hair style"?  Hairless style?

Not necessarily "wiser" here, but I guess it would be considered a "lack of hair style"
Woof!
"The more hair I lose...the more head I get!"

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2009, 08:27:18 AM »
Morthen, you sound like a good guy, but if theres one truth out there, its that you have to help yourself before you can help others. Its nice to have others approve what you do, but in the end you have to look out for number one: yourself. You are feeling a little better about yourself, right? You want to shave, right? Do it. You are legally able to go die for your country, get married and sign a contract.

But you cant shave your head?

If I may be so bold, I say to do it anyway. Youll never know just how confident you could be if you dont try a shave. You may love it, you may not. But at least you know one way or the other.

I apologize if ive overstepped my boundaries, but it really bothers me when loved ones arent supportive of our self-improvement.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2009, 10:39:11 AM »
I agree with Peripheral here, you're nineteen years old. Shave it once to try it, take the families reaction, then go from there. It may make you stronger.

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2009, 01:30:19 PM »
I dont necessarily need permission, I'm just really close with my family is all and even though it shouldnt other peoples opinions severely influence my decisions. I REALLY want to just go for it but I am still kinda nervous about it.
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2009, 01:49:09 PM »
I dont necessarily need permission, I'm just really close with my family is all and even though it shouldnt other peoples opinions severely influence my decisions. I REALLY want to just go for it but I am still kinda nervous about it.

Hopefully we're all really close w/ our families.  That's a good thing.  What you want to do isn't a bad thing, it's just what you want for yourself.  Does your family impose their choice of friends--provided we're not talking hanging w/ a criminal element--on you--of course not.  They love you for who you are and they should rejoice in your legitimate choices.  Try it, you're obviously itching to do it.  As has been pointed out, when a lot of us faced the mirror on that day when we couldn't wait any longer, it was exciting and we were all a little nervous because of the anticipated results.  You're going to get a rush of freedom, and granted some of your family may react negatively at first.  Just point out that you're going to be bald someday anyway, you're just getting ahead of it a bit O0.  You will like it, we can all promise you that.  If it gets too rough, then grow it out a little, then after a couple of months, do it again--they will get the idea that it's your choice and it's going to be your future.  Just don't beat yourself up about this, it's supposed to and will relieve you of the anxiety of the slow trip to bald.

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2009, 01:52:00 PM »
Fortunately, it will grow back in short order.  After getting my head shaved to a 1 in basic training, it was about a 4 after 7 weeks.

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2009, 03:24:46 AM »
i mentioned the idea to my brother then he just proceeded to heckle me about how stupid i would look bald...god damnit i hate my brother -_-
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010