Author Topic: More Walgreen's Clearance Men's Grooming Items  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
More Walgreen's Clearance Men's Grooming Items
« on: August 05, 2009, 03:12:36 PM »
While in Walgreen's today, I saw that they had other grooming products on clearance.

L'Oreal Men's Expert Power Clean Anti-dullness Face Wash 5 oz - $1.79
L'Oreal Men's Expert Hydra-Energetic Skin Energizing Gel Cleanser 5 oz - $1.79

These are both normally $7.

Offline BaldBear

• Bald, Bearded and Bear!
  • Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • "woof!"
Re: More Walgreen's Clearance Men's Grooming Items
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 04:12:27 PM »
Great find! Thanks for sharing.
Woof!
"The more hair I lose...the more head I get!"

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 05:05:09 PM »
Not a problem.  Not really sure why Walgreens seems to be getting all of their non-standard men's grooming products.  But if it is not the old standby brands of shaving cream, razors and deodorant, it all seems like it is getting cleared out.  Just as I was thinking it was nice to finally have a men's section to compete with the four aisles of women's products.  But then again, are any of the women's facial cleansers much different from men's?  Except for the perfumes they use in them of course.

Offline jamesh75

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 06:39:21 PM »
I'm glad men don't have as many isles of product as women.   Have you ever have to pick up shampoo or deodorant for your wife or girlfriend at the store?  After looking over the 9000 different kinds of shampoo of the same brand you can't remember what she told you.  So after standing there for a while with the deer in the headlights look, you grab something and run to the checkout.  I'm glad I'm a guy.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 07:52:08 PM »
Not really sure why Walgreens seems to be getting all of their non-standard men's grooming products.  But if it is not the old standby brands of shaving cream, razors and deodorant, it all seems like it is getting cleared out. 

Econ 101:  We are in the "Great Recession".  Those items are geared toward a more specialized market and do not have the turnover of the more commonplace items.  They are the type item people will forego to save a few bucks ... or cannot justify spending what they do not have.  It's a "basic versus luxury transportation" thing.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 07:53:11 PM »
Oh hell!  I did not mean I wanted 4 aisles!  Geesh!  Hope the Walgreens marketing department is not reading this!  I just want to have a section with stuff that I use.  Every time I find something I like, they end up putting it on clearance and stop selling it.  Headblade products one prime example.  Nivea and L'Oreal mens products another!

God!  Don't make me have choices.  I like to get in, grab what I need and get out.  I ALWAYS have a battle plan for shopping to get out of the store as quickly as possible.

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 07:59:02 PM »
Econ 101:  We are in the "Great Recession".  Those items are geared toward a more specialized market and do not have the turnover of the more commonplace items.  They are the type item people will forego to save a few bucks ... or cannot justify spending what they do not have.  It's a "basic versus luxury transportation" thing.

Makes sense.  I could order online.  but unless I buy in bulk, the shipping costs more than make up for the tax savings.  And who really needs a case of anything?  I suppose I could put them in my emergency preparedness kit for when society collapses.  :)

Offline jamesh75

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 08:46:10 AM »
Oh hell!  I did not mean I wanted 4 aisles!  Geesh!  Hope the Walgreens marketing department is not reading this!  I just want to have a section with stuff that I use.  Every time I find something I like, they end up putting it on clearance and stop selling it.  Headblade products one prime example.  Nivea and L'Oreal mens products another!

God!  Don't make me have choices.  I like to get in, grab what I need and get out.  I ALWAYS have a battle plan for shopping to get out of the store as quickly as possible.

I agree.  The less time I spend in there, the less money I spend.

Offline BaldBear

• Bald, Bearded and Bear!
  • Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • "woof!"
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 10:14:41 AM »
I just picked up the head wipes for $2.29 a box. The Glossy moisturizer was $2.69 and the SPF 15 spray was $2.69. I got all they had!

WOOOO HOOOOO! Walgreens Rocks!

I love a bargain!
Woof!
"The more hair I lose...the more head I get!"