Author Topic: Uber Lather  (Read 4329 times)

Offline dawgfan

• Sly
Uber Lather
« on: August 03, 2009, 07:10:25 AM »
After deciding that I needed the five hundred and fifteenth shaving product in my arsenol, I stopped by the local drug store to buy some liquid glycerine.  I've heard so much about this uber lather stuff I thought I had to give it a try.

WOW  :o

Uber Lather, for me, is much like the first time I shaved my head.  I'm asking myself why the heck I didn't try this earlier.  I know there are numerous products that claim to give you the "closest shave possible".  I've tried the gels, the oils, baldguyz, headslick, etc. and NOTHING can compare to the uber lather.  After shaving early in the morning I had no noticeable growth by 5:00 that evening!

The first time I saw the video (floating around this forum) on youtube I thought to myself, I don't have time for that.  After mixing this stuff up the last few mornings I can report back that it really takes no longer than mixing some oil with headslick in a bowl.  For those who probably have most of the products required to mix up the uber lather, I highly recommend picking up some glycerine (around $5.00 at your local pharmacy) and trying this stuff out.

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Uber Lather
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 07:19:34 AM »
I totally agree. The glycerin and a cake of regular ol' shaving soap in a plastic shaving mug. Hot water and a drugstore shaving brush...cheap, effective and long-lasting. Beats any commercial potion in my opinion.

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 05:36:51 PM »
Amazing huh Dawg?!!  It's all I've been using for a couple of months or more. The stuff is incredible! I just ran out of soap and switched back to Head Blade. No comparison. If anyone is curious just search uber lather on YouTube.
It's all about attitude!

Offline Dan-O-Mite

• DanOMite
  • Sly
    • www.myspace.com/dangman
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 10:37:01 PM »
glad to hear the uber lather is catching on! I guess it was a good idea to introduce it afterall :) I saw the video and was quite skeptical......but i saw how good his shaves were...and i thought well...maybe its worth a try...its not like he's working for some companies sole product...so...i figured why not...i went out and bought some C.O. Bigelow Cream that next day along with some anhydrouse glycerin from rite aid and gave it a whirl.....took a few times to get the proper hydration levels down in amounts of water and glycerin....but once i got it down....very good....and then when  i got my silvertip badger brush....HEAVEN! It really makes shaving so much more enjoyable....now i'm going to be ordering myself a nice moss style shaving scuttle to build my lather in to keep it nice and warm while i shave....AHHHHH I can't wait!
Its good to be bald my friends :)

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 08:12:19 PM »
So "uber lather" is the generic term for well Uber lather. I was dumb enough to go to the walgreens website and search for "uber lather" :*)) doh! I did a search for glycerin and I struck oil. After all this talk of Bigelow/proraso shaving cream I just might have to go pick some up.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 08:15:58 PM by ShadowSide »

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 11:58:53 PM »
Found a cheaper way to get a lifetime supply of glycerin.  It was about $2-$4 an ounce at the drug store.  I found a gallon size at www.saveonscents.com for about $24.  Ought to last quite awhite and give you the ability to make your own scented scrubs, etc.

Offline dawgfan

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 04:47:03 AM »
Thanks for the tip Antimidas!  I'll check out the website   O0

Offline Emcee

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 03:07:57 PM »
hullo..  #3w  just wanted to chime in (finally) and say THANKS for sharing this UBER LATHER method. i first discovered this thread which led me to Dan-O's so i suppose the mucho thanks goes to him. but dawgfan's enthusiasm is what first hooked me.

a'ight, let me back the truck up: been lurkin for some time now - been shavin my headskies for well over a year (chose to beat mother N), found the site toward the beginning of the year and really, i should be offering thanks to many more of you. to put it simply for now, ill offer my gratitude to Tyler & friends. ive tried many, many techniques shared on this forum - LSS (long story short) HEADBLADE/TRIPLE SENSORS/HEADSLICK is what i settled on. i grew tired of trying new things, spending 2much$ in search of a closer shave (loathe my dark head shadow) - for some time i thought Fusion would end up as my blade choice 4life, but blades became too expensive and quickly i learned that the Headblade IS my tool. a bald man who was a headshaver many years before me crafted this tool and offered this gift and the bottom line is - HOW could i not support that product?! and then it turns out that said product is a brilliant one for one like myself who chose this (lack of) hairstyle. after 2 attempts with it, i became a master of my dome-mane. a'ight, LunderL on that one.. i introduced the HB to my dad (stocking stuffer to him last Christmas), friends and a co-worker and have never been happier sharing a product. so i should offer thx here to Todd & friends as well!

N-E HOO... my main point to post this HERE was i thought i was G to G - good to go with my shaving ways until this damn Uber Lather thread creeps up on me several weeks back and initially (like dfan) i think to myself: naw, that's too much trouble. i dont got time for that noise, im always in a rush in the morning as it is. but OF COURSE it stuck in my mind for a few days and i came back to it, watched the youtube vid and soon found myself at B&B Works/Rite Aide/Walmart in the following days and then i whipped this stuff up one day and painted this thick white coat onto my fat head and snatched the ol' HB and readied my hand. i couldnt believe the first swipe! it was like day 2 of using the Headblade. and like dfan said 5pm rolls around and i'm still smooth as i was in the morning. WTF??? im usually rough around the edges at this hour (and not just mood-wise). several days go by and the same results occurred.

so i fell in love after only four days of meeting her  :@` my Headblade loves me even more for he's never had a better mating session. IF i could offer any extra advice on the UL (although you guys already gave all one would need) it would be simply to pull the skin tight on the upper sides of the dome (at least these areas for myself). ive learned my fore/middle fingers pressing/pulling up the skin there and swiping up AtheG gets it that much closer. so..yeah...im hooked on this stuff $#!zzle 

THanks again and again (and again) for this site. long overdue expression of gratitude. you fellas are so helpful and encouraging to a young dude like myself. dealing with MPB for too many years was miserable - low self esteem, lack of conf, not wanting to go out etc. those days are (SO) happily gone and you guys have such a positive, inviting attitude for those stuggling in those miserable days.

great job, fellers YR*(k  hope you dont mind me saying so here, killing a few birds with one skipping stone.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 03:24:27 PM »
I've been putting my HS in my brush, then adding a very small amount of glycerine--whip up the lather on the head--feels great, best shave creme yet.

Offline Emcee

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 03:43:50 PM »
that sounds much easier/quicker method. dammit. never ends.

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 07:12:54 PM »
Lol I have been preaching Uber Lather for quite some time now! It is the only way to go
==SLY SERGEANT==