Author Topic: Sly tattoo  (Read 2100 times)

Offline Elessar [[Sly]]

• Now fully Sly
  • Sly Jr.
  • Finally Sly! From hair down back to no hair at all
    • My Myspace
Sly tattoo
« on: July 27, 2009, 10:16:42 AM »
Litrally a form of the word 'Sly' in some form or another. Been thinking about it for a while. Now this originates more from the fact my nickname has been Sly since I left school about 5 years ago. But now it'd also stand for what it means to be 'Sly' (bald and for me the fact i've done it / gone through the tough tansition). I'd love to get that at some point. Or something that symbolizes something to that effect. Of course I need to shave it all off first i've been struggling for a long time but i'm going to do that in the next couple of days!

What are peoples thoughts on that? I've never actually been a big fan of written tattoos but its just been an idea floating around my head as it were.

Mae govannen
Pelin pedi i lam edhellen

Offline PHANTZM

• Sly Jr.
Re: Sly tattoo
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 10:41:19 AM »
My 3 thoughts about a tattoo -

1) Location
2) Size
3) Color or B/W

I have no text only tats , so I guess there would need to be a fourth for the type of script to use.

If done tastefully I think it could be bad ass.

adam_r_todd

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 11:41:38 AM »
I think it's a great idea.  It's a representation of who you are.  I have no tattoos, but have been thinking over the last six months about how badly I want one.  If only my wife was on board.  :)  I'd like something to represent me and this particular time in my life.  If "sly" is a representation of you, a reminder of who you are, whatever, than it's a great idea for a tat.  Do it man!  Post a pic when it's done.

Offline Elessar [[Sly]]

• Now fully Sly
  • Sly Jr.
  • Finally Sly! From hair down back to no hair at all
    • My Myspace
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 12:08:39 PM »
Thanks =) and will do when I get round to it!  :XX.

Positioning would be most likely on my arm. Black and white rather than colour. txt style would be something that I later could extend a design around it or add to it etc.
size just depends on where I have it really. I'd rather it wasn't too big but then I dont want it small. A few of my friends are graphic artists and stuff so might have a word with them about it. Baring in mind I can be quite picky.
Mae govannen
Pelin pedi i lam edhellen

Offline Duffman

• Sly Jr.
  • Cue Ball extrordinaire
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 03:17:48 PM »
Why not try doing the word Sly in a square shape like in the Dan Brown book Angels and Demons... you know... drawing the letters out so it comes out the shape of a square, starting in the top left and ending in the bottom right, some sort of gothic type script... that would be uber awesome... if it makes sense what I said.  ???
"Let not a man glory in this: that he loves his country, but rather let him glory in this: that he loves his kind"

Enter your email address: