Author Topic: Any SBG Glockers out there?  (Read 6955 times)

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
Any SBG Glockers out there?
« on: July 23, 2009, 05:53:00 AM »
Okay got me a Glock that rocks, G20SF, 10mm Auto and found a rear plate cover for it that really says SBG

I just may be adding it to this.....

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Any SBG Glockers out there?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 03:09:34 PM »
I think DJ Bald is a fan of the Glock.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 04:03:18 PM »
Nice! 

And hollowpoints too!  I've never used them myself because I couldn't justify the additional cost for putting holes into paper.

I don't have a Glock, but I have a Springfield handgun (9mm XD-Tactical).  When I was planning my purchase I told a friend that I liked the simplicity of the Glocks I had rented and was impressed with their reputation of reliability.  Because of that he suggested a Springfield because it has a few more safety features while having most of the positives of a Glock.  I wish my paintball gun had the handle safety that my XD has because I accidently fire that thing quite a lot.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 08:06:07 AM »
Nice! 

And hollowpoints too!  I've never used them myself because I couldn't justify the additional cost for putting holes into paper.

I don't have a Glock, but I have a Springfield handgun (9mm XD-Tactical).  When I was planning my purchase I told a friend that I liked the simplicity of the Glocks I had rented and was impressed with their reputation of reliability.  Because of that he suggested a Springfield because it has a few more safety features while having most of the positives of a Glock.  I wish my paintball gun had the handle safety that my XD has because I accidently fire that thing quite a lot.

The best safety in the world is between your ears, and keeping your finger off the trigger.  I don't carry hollow points for punching holes in paper, they are the best self defense.  I've been a Glock shooter now since they first came out, and owned a Glock 17 and many more since then.  The Glock 20SF, 10mm Auto is my latest and greatest purchase, and on a side not, Springfield does not make a 10mm Auto anything.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 09:20:28 AM »
And how much did that little sumbitch cost you.?

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 10:04:08 AM »
  380 guy here~~I like its easyness too conceal~~a few of the guys (who all have glocks) want me too go with them and get our conceal too carry permits and i may get a glock then >maybe<.....but i was thrown in the clink once for having an AR-15 in my car a long ways back so i may not qualify~~oh well no big deal my gun is usually tucked away at home anyways....................   :popo                             

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 05:58:08 AM »
And how much did that little sumbitch cost you.?

I paid $549 OTD, I could have gotten a GSSF price if I could have found a dealer that #1) had the 20SF and #2) would honor the discount period.  But I'm a hands on type of guy, and like to do a physical check of what I am buying for nicks or other damage.

aarrggh your .380 is indeed a concealable pistol, but I wanted a 10mm Auto, and even the Glock 29SF is not that small.  I had a nice small one like that one time, it was a 9X18 Russian Makarov.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 08:07:23 AM »
I need a small carry piece and can't decide on one. Any suggestions.?

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 11:03:35 AM »
I need a small carry piece and can't decide on one. Any suggestions.?

Tom are you looking for a Glock, a differant semi auto pistol, or a small revolver like a S&W 637 Airweight in 38 Special +P.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 11:07:11 AM »
Looking for something the size of a .25 Colt Auto but with a little more punch.

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 08:19:30 AM »
Looking for something the size of a .25 Colt Auto but with a little more punch.

A retired deputy friend of mine carries a AMT Backup in .380 and loves the thing.  You could look at the new Ruger line up with the LCP, as I have thought about one of these to replace my S&W 637 Airweight.  It is nice and flat, and will pack the punch that you need if your shots are placed where they are suppose to be.  Small autos or revolvers are not long distance shooters, as they were designed for up close and personal use.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 08:42:41 AM »
Thanx JB, I will look into them.

Offline BaldBear

• Bald, Bearded and Bear!
  • Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • "woof!"
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 10:50:58 PM »
Here's a shot of what happens when I spend a week in the woods and don't shave my head.

Woof!
"The more hair I lose...the more head I get!"

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 08:13:45 AM »
What is that BB.? An AR-15.

Offline balddad77

• Sly Jr.
  • Fair winds and following seas!
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 09:00:02 AM »
I carried the G21 as a service pistol and the G36 as a backup.  But for home security, you can't beat the H&K 9mm MP5 with flashlight and laser sight.  That makes a believer out of anyone.  I also like the Kubotan for getting up close and personal.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090803/samp819057a71e44ad25.jpg[/img] [/url]

Enter your email address: