Author Topic: TSA questions?????????????????????  (Read 9736 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
TSA questions?????????????????????
« on: July 19, 2009, 02:11:16 PM »
Last week I was catching my flight back home from upstate NY.  When I got to the first check point for TSA, where they take your drivers license and boarding pass, the agent looked at the photo on the license and then looked at me--and said, "This license certainly doesn't look like you!"  Immediately I thought holy sh_t, I'm in for a rough time here.  I noted although he had hair, he had a beard too, and I noted that beards show the march of time, "Don't they?"  He kind of smirked, looked at it again, and I said, it's up for renewal in October.  Then I pulled out my new TWIC card, w/ a picture of the current me, and then he said, "Yes time does march on." and let me through.

Anyone else had problems w/ old non-sly id that doesn't look much like you anymore? :/O

Offline rodubls

• Sly Jr.
Re: TSA questions?????????????????????
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 09:24:31 PM »
I got my passport right before I got out of college when I still had hair (receding but still) and a Leonidas-esque full beard. Now being sly and clean shaven most of the time, it is a pretty stark contrast but there are so many other facial features, especially eyes and eyebrows that they should not have a problem. I've had a few people make comments but that's all it is, just little jibes.

P.S. I really dislike the TSA for various reasons. Bit of advice though, personal insults will NOT help you move through the line any faster...I'm just saying.
Buck:

"I'm on the gravy train with biscuit wheels!"

"I like to hump, I like to eat, and I don't like to drive."

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 12:43:06 AM »
my twic card has my dome shining proudly saintc!!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline crazy.irish.celt

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 01:25:24 AM »

Got a passport at age 19 when I had super-shaggy hair and a man beard.  Buzzed down to a 1  (face and beard), lost 30 lbs and gained about 20 lbs of muscle by age 21, so my face was much more angular.  Had a driver's license made at age 20 with medium-length hair and no beard.  The TSA lady couldn't seem to wrap her mind around what she was looking at, so she stared hard for about 30 seconds.

In the meantime, I remembered that I still had a small folding knife (2-inch blade) in my back pocket. (I know, I know... but it was like 3 AM and I was really tired.)  Knowing that I couldn't take it with me, I decided to take it out and just donate it to their cause rather than lose my place in line.  I laid it in my open palm (closed) and held it toward her with one hand while holding out the other to receive my IDs back. 

BAM! :x!  She had my wrist, had dropped my ID, and proceeded to claw the knife from my hand while the big angry guy running the X-ray machine came around and "restrained me" by grabbing both my arms from behind.  I just held still and let them freak out, but long-story-short I had to be pulled aside into a 'waiting room' and was questioned about my IDs, and had to defend my inclination to carry a knife with me wherever I went.  It sucked.  I was the last person to board my flight... and I ended up in the back near the bathroom sitting next to a massive BOPE trainee who farted a lot.

I hate the TSA. 

"First the terrorsits tried to sneak bomb onto a plane using their shoes, so they made us take off our shoes.  Then the terrorists tried to use liquid explosives, so they made us give up our drinks and toothpaste.  The day they realize that a terrorist could try to smuggle a bomb up his ass is the day I quit flying." 

benmcd

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 01:45:26 PM »
***Crazy Irish Celt, that's a funny story***

I was departing from Singapore a few years ago, and as I was going through immigration I naturally had to hand my passport to the female immigration officer. She seemed quite efficient & officious. I was at this stage SLY, however the passport was still "shaggy". There was little expression from her as she checked the computer and looked at me more than a few times, suddenly she handed back my passport and smiled & in a Singlish accent said, "I like you better now".. she suddenly became very cute, and we both laughed..  :D

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 01:49:43 PM »

They were pretty good about it, they asked if I liked the first shot, and took another so the picture isn't bad.  Not too bad for a group--it's related to TSA--but then it took longer to pick the finished card up than it had to go through the first session w/ the picture.  A buddy went today and although he had made his appointment on line, they were taking walk ups ahead of him. 

SlyHigh

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 03:34:41 PM »
I did get a double take from an agent with my passport.  I got it when I was 18 or so, and I changed a lot over the next few years.  I wasn't sly yet, but they didn't think it was me.  I said, "look at the eyebrows."  I had big bushy eyebrows (a family trait).  I mow them down now.

I'm up for a new driver's license in two weeks.  I need to go ahead and get it.  I'm waiting on my beard to fill out first, though.  ;)

BaldRob

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 04:59:04 PM »

Mine will too!  Just had my pic taken for it last Friday!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 05:44:34 PM »

TWIC=SlyBaldGuy Fed ID??? :/O :/O :/O

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 07:52:50 PM »

TWIC=SlyBaldGuy Fed ID??? :/O :/O :/O

only the coolest best looking sly guys have TWIC cards!!!!!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 08:18:34 PM »
PBurke, you're right; you're cool.  8)   I had no (NONE, ZIP, NADA) clue what you all (all y'all) were talking about.  The only thing I could think of was the candy bar (Twix), and that wasn't going to work  ???; so I Googled "twic" and found the following (which I provide for you other un-cool people who don't know what "TWIC" is all about.)  :/O

http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/twic_faqs.shtm

BaldRob

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 08:06:12 AM »
PBurke, you're right; you're cool.  8)   I had no (NONE, ZIP, NADA) clue what you all (all y'all) were talking about.  The only thing I could think of was the candy bar (Twix), and that wasn't going to work  ???; so I Googled "twic" and found the following (which I provide for you other un-cool people who don't know what "TWIC" is all about.)  :/O

Don't worry Nonick, I didn't know what one was until about 2 weeks ago when I was told I had to get one... :D

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 08:14:10 AM »
PBurke, you're right; you're cool.  8)   I had no (NONE, ZIP, NADA) clue what you all (all y'all) were talking about.  The only thing I could think of was the candy bar (Twix), and that wasn't going to work  ???; so I Googled "twic" and found the following (which I provide for you other un-cool people who don't know what "TWIC" is all about.)  :/O

When I first heard the term, I misunderstood and thought everyone was getting far too excited and organized about a candy bar!  Why do I need a candy bar to work for this client? :/O :/O
Then I learned, now I'm cool O:O.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 08:23:06 AM »
I feel that we should start using the same security measures that the Israeli's and El Al Israel use. IMO the Trade Center tragedy would never have happened.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 03:14:55 PM »
I feel that we should start using the same security measures that the Israeli's and El Al Israel use. IMO the Trade Center tragedy would never have happened.

We just might be one day Tom, amen to that.   O0

Enter your email address: