Author Topic: Shaving in, or out, of the shower?  (Read 10015 times)

shaved

Re: Shaving in, or out, of the shower?
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2009, 07:41:17 PM »
Bit of both i will shave head before i shower and then hop under a hot shower and run razor over again and i find that the hot water raises the hair out of the skin a little more get very smooth shave. If in hurry ,going out etc then in shower and shave head.

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2009, 08:41:02 AM »
A thought, from Ming, who is not Scots, but is thrifty.  If you shave in the shower for the "5-7 minutes" I read in a previous post...well, expensively heated water is going down the drain, relatively pointlessly.  Indeed, Ming takes what a friend of mine, out of the service for fifty years, calls a "Navy shower," and he still takes himself.  Wet yourself down; turn water off and soap bod; turn water back on; rinse off.  If Ming has the shower water on for a minute total, that's a lot.  Even at the health club I feel guilty taking a long shower.

So I do my shaving at the sink, and w/o letting the water run.  Just on and off to rise the blade as I go, and a final on for de-soaping the dome.

Long showers and running hot water are a hidden cost.  You are not saving as much on haircuts as you might have thought...

Come on, we don't want SLY guys to take the rap for increasing global warming do we?  Hot water is generally heated with fossil fuels of some kind, either directly or indirectly.  If your hot water is solar-heated, however, shower w/o guilt, I say!

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2009, 01:03:14 PM »
My whole gas bill was $14.75 last month.  As cool as it has been around here this summer, I think I will risk "global warming" for the pure enjoyment of the 20 minute hot water massage.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2009, 01:41:50 PM »

Come on, we don't want SLY guys to take the rap for increasing global warming do we? 

But our shining domes reflect the sun and heat back out--so we can never be blamed--just don't make me sit in a solar collector for electrical generation though >:D >:D >:D

Offline Baldboss

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2009, 01:56:16 PM »
I shave in the shower.  It's 7-8 minutes of guiltless bliss.

Offline zuckermania

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2009, 11:27:16 AM »
In the shower, 8-10 minutes for a pass with the grain and against the grain, not feeling rushed at all. 

Offline Duffman

• Sly Jr.
  • Cue Ball extrordinaire
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2009, 04:47:30 AM »
I'm somewhat addicted to the cold rinse after which is great at home with well water but city water just isn't cold enough.  I end up going to the ice machine in the AM at the hotel to get the need met.  
I always feel funny going down the hall to get ice to rub on my head.   I shouldn't, because it's not like anyone knows what I'm getting it for, but still seems weird.  Guess there are worse things I could be doing.

I do that on the road too, I try to get a full bucket in the evening and some of it lasts until the morning shave.  Worse things, yes--I spilled something on my company polo shirt at breakfast and I successfully got it out with water in my room.  Then when I reached for the hairdryer to dry the shirt quickly I realized tht the room didn't have one--it was missing from it's holder!  I debated going to the front desk to ask for one--in the end I couldn't do it--just too weird a scene for me.

SaintC, thanks for the early morning laugh-wake up.  I started with the good old tried and true sink shave, now starting the shower shave.  Though, I'm skipping a day today, I wasn't paying attention and I took a nice little chunk out of my scalp yesterday (owww... even w/ stiptic I bled like a stuck pig), and I got the top of a mole about 2 minutes later.... good lord I just realized yesterday was Monday... nevermind.  That explains everything.  :Xo!    :*))
"Let not a man glory in this: that he loves his country, but rather let him glory in this: that he loves his kind"

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2009, 11:51:04 AM »
Always in the shower - takes about 7-8 minutes.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Larry

• Sly Jr.
    • http://www.theelectroniccigarettecompany.com/
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2009, 12:34:36 PM »
I've shaved both ways but never with the water running.

Offline Kplum

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2009, 07:37:25 PM »
I cannot shave the back of my head without a mirror, so I am with ghost on that one..
I have always shaved my face in the shower with the fogless mirror.. I love shaving in the shower, sometimes I will get the front of my head in the shower, and use a mirror for the back of my head.. I have a few moles in the back of my head so shaving that area can be tricky.. I need to get them taken off.. Anyways.. takes me about 15-20min.. depending on which method I use..

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2009, 04:03:40 PM »
Always at the sink. There is all I need right in place. Plus, I shave in the morning and shower in the evening.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline ldrider51

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2009, 12:53:03 PM »
In the shower - head by braille with Headblade - very nicely, I might add.

Face using a three bladed turbo something or other and a mirror.

Total shower time - about 10-15 minutes to complete everything.

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2009, 08:48:28 PM »
I used to shave in the shower, but our shower at home is too cramped, so I started sink shaving.  At the same time I started using a shaving brush with my HeadSlick, and the combination of the 2 has greatly improved my shave quality.  I can take my time, and I can see what I'm doing better.