Author Topic: Shaving in, or out, of the shower?  (Read 10014 times)

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Shaving in, or out, of the shower?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 11:35:26 AM »
Hey Ghost, if you wear that t shirt all the time you don't have to shave so much of your head.....should speed things up a bit!!   >:D

Parky.....considering you're new at it 15 minutes for that routine is really quite good!!
It's all about attitude!

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 11:39:53 AM »
btw the fastest ive ever shaven has been 20 minutes. i have no idea how some of you are getting a good shave in as little as 7 minutes.

It's called... Headblade   O0
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 01:03:26 PM »
i ALWAYS shave at the sink right before a shower. for some reason its impossible for me to shave my head without looking. plus.....i only have so much time in the shower before my hot water runs out lol so i hurry up and wash.

ive also been shaving for a year now and still cant manage to shave the back of my head without another mirror. i think ill stick with that technique for the rest of my life. i see no harm in it.

Try shaving by "feel" I just run my hand against the grain in the back, and if there is Velcro the razor will follow.

parksie

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 07:23:23 PM »
btw the fastest ive ever shaven has been 20 minutes. i have no idea how some of you are getting a good shave in as little as 7 minutes.

It's called... Headblade   O0

Yeah I totally agree.  Shaving with the headblade is so much quicker.  I am also a shower shaver.  If a person uses the headblade one of the best things they can do is shave in the shower! The razor glides so much better.  O0

Offline bearwolf56

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 10:01:05 AM »
I've been shaving my head for about ten years now so I've shaved before, after and in the shower. I never felt I got a good overall shave int he shower but then again I really didn't do it all tha much. As far as before or after it all depends on how much time I have. If I'm pressed for time it's before. As far as time goes I can usually get a good shave including prep etc in under 10 minutes but usually it's around 7. I use a head blade and a cheap disposable for touch ups. DE razor and cheap blades for the face.

Offline 440satellite

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2009, 10:37:10 AM »
Been at it almost 2 years now.  With the headblade and gel and a 2 blade sensor I can knock out the dome in about 5 minutes.  Still get some ribbing for having shampoo and conditioner in the shower but I've found that using both and leaving the conditioner on  while I wash up the rest works great.  The conditioner seems to soften the hair and moisturize the scalp.  After shaving the cold water only head rinse really seems to help, or maybe that's just in my head.  Face gets done in the sink.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2009, 01:03:13 PM »
440 I've found, as has been noted on the Forum several times, that conditioner is great--it can even function as a shaving "creme"!  I shampoo and condition the beard every morning, and the shampoo says that it "moisturizes" so I rub some on the stubble, shampoo first w/ some soap and the loofha, then rinse and put the conditioner on and rub some on the stubble.  After I rinse off, I rinse the conditioner out of the beard, but leave it on my dome, cover it with a hot rinsed face cloth, dry off and then just before I do the lather, I take off the cloth and add the Headslick and baby oil to the dome on top of the conditioner.  Very effective, smooth dome until at least 5 or 6p, if, and only if, I've done the gym first.  Otherwise it starts to velcro up mid afternoon.  I think the body must gather up some liquid during the night in the skin, and it takes an hour or so for it to "thin" out again after getting up--something like those puffy eyes in the morning :(. but maybe that's only us old guys' problem? ;D ;D ;D

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 01:11:41 PM »
I find that as well Saintc....that I cant just shave the first thing in the morning.  I do not get as close of a shave.  I have to be up for about 30-45 minutes before I jump in the shower and I always leave it for last ( head shaving that is)

ycartt

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 09:20:33 PM »
Shower shave.  It takes me about 20 minutes to shower and shave my head and about an extra 5 minutes when I shave my face in the shower.

Offline 440satellite

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 10:12:40 AM »
Yea Saintc and Timmj I also try to give myself at least 30 minutes to get the swelling down.  I'm not sure why that is but it is the case, an hour is best but since I hate mornings I can't deal with an hour.  I've used the conditioner in a pinch when I'm on the road and forgot my headslick.  I'm somewhat addicted to the cold rinse after which is great at home with well water but city water just isn't cold enough.  I end up going to the ice machine in the AM at the hotel to get the need met. 

I always feel funny going down the hall to get ice to rub on my head.   I shouldn't, because it's not like anyone knows what I'm getting it for, but still seems weird.  Guess there are worse things I could be doing.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 10:36:32 AM »
I'm somewhat addicted to the cold rinse after which is great at home with well water but city water just isn't cold enough.  I end up going to the ice machine in the AM at the hotel to get the need met. 
I always feel funny going down the hall to get ice to rub on my head.   I shouldn't, because it's not like anyone knows what I'm getting it for, but still seems weird.  Guess there are worse things I could be doing.

I do that on the road too, I try to get a full bucket in the evening and some of it lasts until the morning shave.  Worse things, yes--I spilled something on my company polo shirt at breakfast and I successfully got it out with water in my room.  Then when I reached for the hairdryer to dry the shirt quickly I realized tht the room didn't have one--it was missing from it's holder!  I debated going to the front desk to ask for one--in the end I couldn't do it--just too weird a scene for me.

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2009, 01:28:33 PM »
I just can't used to shaving in the shower. I  have a routine worked out so I shower 12 min, then shave 8 mins. that leaves 10 mins for teeth and other grooming
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

sluggo

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2009, 01:29:23 PM »
I'm a shower shaver and I shave the dome first. I tried the sink once but it made too much of a mess!

Offline justinlane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2009, 02:08:31 PM »
Started off as a sink shaver, but with ideas from this forum now shave my head in the shower...just wish I had more light in there.

Offline 1000

• Crazy Bald Guy!
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2009, 11:56:32 AM »
I shave in the shower. It's only added 5-10 minutes to my shower time. I turn the water off when shaving. I turn the water on and use the tub spout to rinse the razor.
God Bless our Men and Women serving in the United States Armed Forces.

Enter your email address: