Author Topic: Best sun screen for water park  (Read 4901 times)

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Best sun screen for water park
« on: July 15, 2009, 09:44:22 AM »
I know this has probably been discussed before so I apologize in advance.  However, the family and I are headed to Schlitterbahn Water Park in a couple of weeks.  I plan on hitting every water attraction there.  My concern is for protection of the dome while being in and out of the water.

Simple question:  What is the best sun block to use on my head considering I will be on a water ride or in a pool most of the time?

"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
Re: Best sun screen for water park
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 11:06:53 AM »
baseball cap!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline justinlane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 11:18:01 AM »
When are you planning on heading down there (assuming you meant the one in New Braunfels)?  My wife and I will be in San Marcos/San Antonio in August (around the 13th or so)

Oh, and sorry, no suggestions, I use whatever my wife buys now... she cares more about me not getting sunburned than I do, but now that it is my head, I'll probably pay more attention.

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 11:53:31 AM »
I use a coppertone sport, SPF 50. it does me well when im out and about.

have fun!  O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline PHANTZM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 11:54:27 AM »
Banana Boat Sport is what I use when at the Y and most everyday. It is the only one that seems to not run into my eyes causing major burning. My dad uses Bullfrog.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 12:52:15 PM »
Banana Boat is my choice as well Steve.  Just make sure you have some readily available if you should need to reapply. 
There is a local water park here that offers free sunscreen and it is supplied by coppertone.  At several of the rides they have them located at the exit of each ride.  You just walk by , place your hand under the automatic pump, get a squirt or two and off ya go.

Offline DogStar Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
    • DogStar Training Systems
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 04:21:46 PM »
I use Banana Boat Sprt 50
They claim it to be water and sweat proof.

The way I sweat I sort of doubt it.
But it is what I use for serious protection.

Apply any SS 20-30 minutes before you go out.

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 10:13:09 AM »
When are you planning on heading down there (assuming you meant the one in New Braunfels)?  My wife and I will be in San Marcos/San Antonio in August (around the 13th or so)

We are headed to New Braunfels the last week in July - not sure of the dates just yet.

Thanks for all the other suggestions.  I think I will try the Banana Boat.  Thanks for the responses.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

Offline DogStar Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
    • DogStar Training Systems
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 02:17:39 PM »
Use the stuff fairly liberally.
I learned from two different women that I was using way too little to get good protection.

FWIW,
Eric

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 10:30:51 PM »
hey steve:  i use the banana boat 2 protect my dome  under  the florida sun. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 07:50:21 AM »
Whatever you use, be sure to apply it BEFORE you go out in the sun, while you're still dry and not sweaty or wet.

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 02:58:29 PM »
Whatever you use, be sure to apply it BEFORE you go out in the sun, while you're still dry and not sweaty or wet.

Good reminder - thanks Buzz

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 05:35:25 PM »
If you want to save some money, I've found great results with NO-AD 30 SPF.  Though, I apply every chance I get.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 02:00:41 PM »
BullFrog, hands down.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline jamesh75

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 01:51:54 PM »
Whatever you use, apply it often.  No matter what you use, it will wash off in the water after a while.  You'll want to reapply every couple hours.  I learned this the hard way in Cancun last year.  It wasn't my head, because I had hair then, but my body was burnt to a crisp.  I had sunscreen on, but only applied it once in the morning.

I shaved my head on the 12th of this month and went on vacation to water parks on the 13th.  I used Banana Boat Sport SPF 30 on my head.  It came in a small tube so it was easy to carry.  I applied it every 3-4 hours and it was fine.  It seemed to hold up pretty good to the water slides and such and never had a problem with it running into my eyes.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:56:15 PM by jamesh75 »

Enter your email address: