Author Topic: RAT ROD  (Read 2542 times)

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
RAT ROD
« on: July 13, 2009, 03:03:29 PM »
Anyone else have a rat rod project going on ?........I have too throw my money away on something !
                  :P

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: RAT ROD
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 09:42:05 PM »
i am jealous. wish i could start one but money does not allow it right now. keep us updated on the progress.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 09:58:13 PM »
I'm jealous, too.  My jealousy is of your ability to restore a car like that.  I have a friend who has that talent and I am envious of him.  I can barely put gas in car - restore one? I don't think so.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 10:02:17 PM »
What are your plans for your rat rod?  MY fav is the sleeper kind- it looks pretty original on the outside, but what's under the hood will blow the doors off anything in sight!   O0

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 10:06:15 PM »
I wish I had the time and money to do that right now.  I'm a huge fan of Rat Rods.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 07:40:15 AM »
That looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 10:24:15 PM »
u definitely gotta 2 give us an update of the progress.  hey... u should have a weekly update with photos of your project.  keep us posted. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline 440satellite

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 10:58:49 AM »
I'm working the idea over in my head but I'm not there yet.  I just pulled the 318 and automatic out of my 68 Plymouth this spring and stashed it in the corner for a future rat rod project.  I've got lots of desire but I'm focusing on finishing up the Plymouth first.  Rebuilding the 440 and converting the car over to a 4 speed with disk brakes has eaten the entire slush fund and then some.

But as they say, you gotta pay if you want to play.  And the rumble from the pipes makes it all worth while!

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 09:01:28 AM »
Hey 440 Satellite~~I love all Plymouth & Dodge of that era--Me and the gang had a Superbird waaaaaaay back that we beat the crap out of--Back then it was just another car unlike today its worth $$$$$$$$$$.....It started out original orange but for some wild reason we painted it black with those colored sprinkles added too the paint --you dont see that kind of paint today--WOW...Eventually it was wrecked  :'( and we moved on too our next victim -70 trans-am i believe-.......But if there is any good news from that Superbird is that i did yank off that huge spoiler wing off the back before the wrecker came and too this very day it still sits in my house---------(good for putting plants or nic nacs on) ..  Oh yeah too be young and stupid....    :P   

Offline Danny

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 06:11:34 PM »
Awesome I love rat rods. I want a T-Bucket or a 22 ford.