Author Topic: "Need" to shave  (Read 2302 times)

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
"Need" to shave
« on: July 10, 2009, 11:49:50 AM »
Ok, fess up, how many shave simply because you need to keep up that bald image and how many of you shave as a hobby???

For me shaving my head has totally become a hobby! I'm always changing up the routine. If I happen to buy a new product, which by the way I didn't need it but I've become addicted to it, I can't wait till the next day to try it!! Most likely when I do try it I'll have a thought like, Hmmmm what if I mixed this with that??? And on it goes. Gotta love that bald head feel and anything that makes more fun or more interesting getting there.......I'm all for it!!

How about you??

It's all about attitude!

Offline J.J.

• Sly
Re: "Need" to shave
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 12:36:57 PM »
Wouldn't consider it a hobby, it's just my way of life.  And even though I take a break from shaving once in a while, the slickdome is definitely my baseline for the rest of my life.  Love the look.  Love the feel. 

In fact, the dome is feeling seductively smooth today...LOL.  ;)  Gotta love it.

Offline justinlane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 12:48:59 PM »
Well, seeing as I've only been living this way for about 4 days now, it's not exactly a hobby, but I do enjoy it, and I know I love the slick feel as opposed to the velcro feel. And, I shaved twice yesterday just cause I was reading on routines and wanted to try some of y'all's suggestions.

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 02:23:09 PM »
Definitely a hobby!!   That's why I don't care that it may take up to an hour.  >:D
The only problem I have is sensitive skin preventing me from shaving more than 3 times a week.   :popo

Offline DavidTX

• Sly Jr.
  • GSG Tech Guy Keeping It Sly
    • Gallery of Before and After going Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 06:04:23 PM »
Not sure it's a hobby, but definitely look forward to it every morning. Actually feels odd on the rare weekend I decide to skip a day.  Don't enjoy the velcro head feeling, much less everything sticking to it.

As to product, I have more product now than EVER when I had hair.  Try to keep from adding to the collection, but it's an effort when the guys here review some of the products.

Currently lots of the HeadBlade product, HeadSlick, HeadLube (Matte, Gloss and SPF), HeadClear, HeadShed, HeadWash (great for washing the dome before bed), HeadBlade Wipes, my unopened HeadBlade. Then there's BaldGuyz Shave Gel, the AfterShave Gel, Nutregena Razor Defense scrub, shaving brush and bowl, and Kiehl's Blue Gel Cleanser (anti-acne salacylic and menthol wash) which feels GREAT after the shave to clean up the dome. I know there's also a bottle of Shave Secret lurking somewhere.

If you know any MUST haves let me know guys. LOL :*))

slyatlast

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 06:13:08 PM »
Not a hobby.  Just found a schedule/method that works for me and the only goal is a baby-bottom-smooth head.

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 06:30:05 PM »
Hey David, now it's about what you do with it all! Lately I've been using "Uber Lather" I think I originally got the idea from Rob6. If it was someone else I appologize! But anyway I've been using it and IMHO it is FAR better than anything I've tried including HeadSlick. So rich and sooooo slick! Ok, that's enough!  :*))

But, check this out when you get a chance.
It's all about attitude!

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 06:53:48 PM »
HOBBY ! ! ?.........watcha talkin about willis ! ! !........I and a few of my friends and coworkers shave cause our hair was disappearing !!!  and we thought it would be a nice change from difficult hair care.....And we are all very pleased with this look  >> sly <<........... O:O

Offline DavidTX

• Sly Jr.
  • GSG Tech Guy Keeping It Sly
    • Gallery of Before and After going Sly
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 08:03:20 PM »
certainly interesting there for the "Uber Lather"

So  Gary, do you follow the whole ritual like the video?  Looks like a very involved process, a bit too much for the daily shave.

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 08:43:50 PM »
I don't have the scuttle but I do have one bowl with the soap in it and another to mix it all up in. And yep, I do it every morning. I soak the soap and then do all the rest while I am showering.
It's all about attitude!