Author Topic: The Real Celebrities go unoticed  (Read 2757 times)

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: The Real Celebrities go unoticed
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 05:35:54 PM »
Couldn't have said it better myself. It's a damn shame the media circus that surrounds a death like Michael Jackson's. Sure, people should be mourned, but does everyone have cover every second of what's happening?
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 06:03:14 PM »
Glad you enjoy the read PigPen, the biggest thing this country takes for granted is our military day in day out.  My favorite quote from the article : In fact, now that the deaths of our warriors aren't useful for the media to use as a daily hammer with which to pound the current administration, it appears their interest in those we lose has waned quite a bit, even from it's former scarce attention.  
God how true is that!!!

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 06:07:04 PM »
Yeah...I`m sick of Hollywood trash and the media too   ...........    :P

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 07:09:08 PM »
Sickeningly true.  Thanks shadowside.  Semper Fi
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 07:17:30 PM »
Here! Here!

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 07:27:54 PM »
    The funeral coverage was over the top, and even though MICHAEL JACKSON was  an incredible talent, our soldiers deserve  so much more!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 08:03:38 PM »
The true hero's go unnoticed ...
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 12:41:16 PM »
It's so sad.  Here we have a bunch of heros who died protecting us from Muslim extremists who want western society dead, and those across western society waste the freedom they protected by worshipping a celebrity.

So add me to the list of people who agree with you.  Even Fox News wasted too much time on it, and they're supposed to be above that kind of leftist superficial pseudonews.  Not only is it disgusting how the media covered this death, but I find it even more disgusting how so many people seemed to be consumed by it! 

I know a woman (why is it always a woman?) who was devastated by his death.  I think I pissed her off when I said "celebrities are like cockroaches, when 1 dies there's 10 more ready to take their place."  OK, let's say you're a fan.  The guy had tons of albums that aren't going anywhere so it's not like you won't be able to listen to his music anymore.
You don't know me, but I know you.